[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

P R E S E A S O N   G A M E  O N E 

If pre season was the problem last year we’d have pulled out of our spiral before garbage time and a coaching change. 

I agree we need a strong start but I’ll never put too much stock into pre season.

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 1

Just now, The Duke said:

If pre season was the problem last year we’d have pulled out before garbage time and a coaching change. 

I agree we need a strong start but I’ll never put too much stock into pre season.

just the first pre-season game, tester game.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Guy rides Podkolzin right into the boards and gets away with it. No penalty; No retribution from team-mates either. This game is just silly. 

I knew the score wouldn’t matter today but the message we send does and it’s not looking good.

4 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

It doesn't help that the Canucks are facing this year's contender for the Vezina in Marky , talk about a perfect storm of Calgarys full roaster and a top NHL goalie in the pipes.

Ya I don’t know about that, he had an awful year last season.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

most teams will ice 5-6 regulars even on the road.. not a full ahl lineup that's destined to be clobbered. not sure what is there to evaluate when every line is simply out matched. if they at least ice 1 regular line i dont care 1st 2nd 3rd whatever and 1 regular d pairing i'd be happy.. canucks usually wait until the very last game to ice a regular lineup.. and every year our start is like we are still in preseason.

Canucks have an advanced analytics team and do things differently than other teams. We are gearing up to change the narrative on how players are evaluated in the pre season and should continue to use the pre season to evaluate ALL players. Playing their regulars is a mistake if it was a better choice team managment would have done it, have faith in Canucks managment which has been ranked among the top in the NHL coming into this season.

Just now, TNucks1 said:

just the first pre-season game, tester game.

The last one or two we need to look like a team.  This is obviously a steep test against a flames club that obviously (and understandably) isn’t easing into the pre season based on roster selection.

• Cheers 1

Every game we play against Calgary, I get reminded of one of the dumbest Benning decisions.  Not even talking to Tanev until it was too late. And we now have to watch him play in a red jersey for years after.  Not just for what he brought on the ice, but he was such a mentor and glue for our defense core.

10 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I don’t care that we’re getting spanked. 
i very much care that none of these players look like they’re fighting for a spot on the roster

Need more from Podz, Hoggy, Hirose.  Joshua and Suter are a lock regardless. 

6 minutes ago, brilac said:

This is constantly popping-up. I click on - Go to the first post, and then it pops-up again with new replies, and again and again. 

image.thumb.png.515d3b303e0bc19c997644bb1b121b25.png

The old site did that for me too. I just ignore it and keep reading and hit refresh when I get to the bottom.