[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

12 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Preseason is meaningless in terms of how it represents or contrasts against the regular season.

history has proven that time and time again.

Calgary is simply trying to unify their roster after a dismal season and major internal strife. We are not in the same position. Folks need to keep in mind certain perspectives. 

We are in that exact same position. Good thing this isn't the regular team.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

The focus should be on getting the new players aquitted to their new team. And get the the ones they know are going to make the cut. Surely the coaching staff knows full well the majority of tonite lineup won’t be here. For the start. After tonite experiment they should have seen enough. Now put the real team together and get on with it. This is exactly how last season started. This season has more new guys than last season. ?????  Apperantly they never learned from last year ???????

Exactly!

That's why I say two games max , then get our real team out.

Last few years they kept young guys up to long pre season and that hurt us.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

This is why I hate preseason.

What a waste of a game. Like what did we learn from this? That an AHL team can’t beat an NHL team? I could have told you that for free…

Why didnt you then?

I SPENT TIME ON THIS CRAP WHEN YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME TO SAVE MY TIME AND NOT SPEND IT ALL ON THIS GAME

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

If I’m a coach I’d rather see how potential NHL roster players acquit themselves (against an NHL caliber squad) without the support of said players.
If they can’t stand out amongst their peers on their own team in this capacity right now, then how can you verify their capability honestly and accurately without the benefit of factoring in the rub or bump from their  NHL level linemates potentially carrying them or upping their average so to speak. 

Feet to the fire. See what you get.

again, that’s what preseason is for. 

This is like choosing to play a game of chess with only pawns though, hoping one turns out to be a rook at best?

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Don’t agree with this. This team has accomplished basically 0 in the last ten years. They have a brutal schedule to start the season . A lot of new faces. The team.  There might be  two or three  excellent players on the roster that might have enough credit to skip games like this , but if I’m the coaching staff I’m getting as many of the A roster on the ice practicing against other teams before the season starts. They are not good enough to treat these games as a rehearsal for a mostly AHL squad.  

fair enough. That’s reasonable. I can totally respect contradictory opinions.

That said, anyone thinking they might know better on how to GM/coach/operate a hockey club should probably send resumes in to Rutherford asap. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! I don’t get this giving on to getting pounded attitude. Hockey allows fighting. Down 7-0 you better find a dance partner and bop. Grab their most skilled player and make him go. This is the most loser group of Canucks I’ve ever seen. Fight for Gods sake! 

Putting a line up like this so stupid. Get the team together so they can get some good quality opposition with each other. Putting a majority of bubble players together makes no sense  at all. In what scenario would a situation like this present itself. It would never happen.  Or are they trying to make cuts for abottsfor sending them to the echl?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, RWJC said:

That said, anyone thinking they might know better on how to GM/coach/operate a hockey club should probably send resumes in to Rutherford asap. 

I’m typing up my resume right now lol! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, RWJC said:

Wake me up when this management team accomplishes literally anything. 🥱

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is why I hate preseason.

What a waste of a game. Like what did we learn from this? That an AHL team can’t beat an NHL team? I could have told you that for free…

All due respect you aren't a NHL caliber executive. What an average fan thinks is good for the team is so far from the truth there is a reason why Canucks managment have jobs and are paid millions while the average person just moans on the forums.

• Cheers 1