[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Jett Woo playing as a 6th vs half Calgary roster might actually look decent. He's being asked to do too much and, honestly, how the fuck can this be good for his development? This is an annual fucking joke at this point. 

Sorry, what it proved is Woo is apparently not ready. 

part of pre-season mission accomplished…identify the eligible list of players who can and will help this team WIN this season. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Jett Woo playing as a 6th vs half Calgary roster might actually look decent. He's being asked to do too much and, honestly, how the fuck can this be good for his development? This is an annual fucking joke at this point. 

No he wouldn’t, he’s not and likely won’t be an NHL player, Juulsen or Hirose maybe but not Woo at least not without another year in the A first. 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think the big problem with not icing a team that can at least be competitive is that you have a fanbase who have only seen losing. You want to let them have confidence going into the season. This wasn't the way to do it. Poor judgement I think.

Or maybe Tocc wants to see the young guys for the first game and make cuts right away so he can focus on the main team the next few games. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I think a huge positives of having a terrible game like this, is the rest of the guys, the real players for our team. Hopefully go “fu*k no, we aren’t doing this again” and come out flying. 
maybe that’s just me being glass half full tho lol

• Like 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

People freaking out over 1 meaningless preseason game make me laugh. 

Not freaking out by any means. Annoyed? Yeah, because it's a broken record. If we continue the preseason like this and start the season 2-5 I won't be freaking out either. It will be record time for apathy on my part though. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1