[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

Not much to take out of this game. Didn’t really see much from anyone. If Hogs wants to be a full time player he needs to show more. Same for Podkolzin. Lots of broken scramble play from the kids. Woo had an awful game. Suter looked ok at times. . Preseason means little but it would be nice to have a little bit more regular lineup. Looking forward to the season. 

We've seen this before. It's the warning sign of slow start because we can't make cuts fast enough. 

I feel bad for the players. They didn't get enough veteran support to even have a chance. I lay that on the coaches and hope they learned their lesson after just one whooping. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

how much pushback do you see?

If you had to pick the last few names for the NHL roster tonight who would you pick and why? 
Tocchet et al put them on the hot seat because they want to make the club on their own merits. Win or loss, they can prove they are capable regardless of outcome. Even against a team they are severely outmatched by. 
That’s the point of this exercise.

First off I’d have see see how they play with the regular players for starters and if they really wanted to know how these players played with each other then refer to last years notes  from abottsford. For you that’s the point of the excersize but I’m willing to bet tochetts post game scrum he’ll come out and say this was a bad move and I’ll be willing to bet Wednesdays game sees more regulars against edm. Preseason evaluation isn’t just about the black aces. The focus should be about who’s going to be here. And the few from tonite could be inserted should be inserted with the regulars  and rest shouldn’t be stealing so much of their attention. Anyway I’m done debating with you I don’t like arguing for aruments sake. Tonite was a total disaster you and only you  Can’t see it. There was nothing positive from tonites  game for anyone. Nothing! 

• Like 1

Meh, I’m not even worried…  Tonight’s game is all about narrowing down the rosters. I don’t see any of our best players in the lineup: Petey, Demko, Hughes, Boeser, Miller, Kuzmenko, etc… 

I have seen bad preseasons outcome turn into a successful seasons and post seasons. 

• Cheers 1