[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

should've played Loewen instead. 

Joshua is not an established enough player in the NHL to be going after our regulars in practice, only to wussy out against our hated rivals in a 10-0 ass kicking. 

Yep, that part's exactly right.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Chon derry said:

First off I’d have see see how they play with the regular players for starters and if they really wanted to know how these players played with each other then refer to last years notes  from abottsford. For you that’s the point of the excersize but I’m willing to bet tochetts post game scrum he’ll come out and say this was a bad move and I’ll be willing to bet Wednesdays game sees more regulars against edm. Preseason evaluation isn’t just about the black aces. The focus should be about who’s going to be here. And the few from tonite could be inserted should be inserted with the regulars  and rest shouldn’t be stealing so much of their attention. Anyway I’m done debating with you I don’t like arguing for aruments sake. Tonite was a total disaster you and only you  Can’t see it. There was nothing positive from tonites  game for anyone. Nothing! 

These guys were actually very competitive with the Calgary Wranglers last year.

Though, the Wranglers were the better team.

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

We've seen this before. It's the warning sign of slow start because we can't make cuts fast enough. 

I feel bad for the players. They didn't get enough veteran support to even have a chance. I lay that on the coaches and hope they learned their lesson after just one whooping. 

Agree.  Unwise to have so many rookies in the lineup. No support. Poor coaching. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Chon derry said:

First off I’d have see see how they play with the regular players for starters and if they really wanted to know how these players played with each other then refer to last years notes  from abottsford. For you that’s the point of the excersize but I’m willing to bet tochetts post game scrum he’ll come out and say this was a bad move and I’ll be willing to bet Wednesdays game sees more regulars against edm. Preseason evaluation isn’t just about the black aces. The focus should be about who’s going to be here. And the few from tonite could be inserted should be inserted with the regulars  and rest shouldn’t be stealing so much of their attention. Anyway I’m done debating with you I don’t like arguing for aruments sake. Tonite was a total disaster you and only you  Can’t see it. There was nothing positive from tonites  game for anyone. Nothing! 

fair enough. I just see a potential angle as to how the roster decisions are going to be processed and I’m ok with it. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I'm not even mad, most of tonights roster will be Abby bound. 

Thing is, don't waste this time while others are getting a running start. We're slow out of the gates as it is, get our guys in here and quit fooling around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I don't care the talent gap - 10 to 0 is unacceptable.

No one showed any level of pride or pushback.

the 5 guys that probably hurt their stock the most with tonight's game were

1) Juulsen

2) Woo

3) Rathbone

4) Dries

5) Joshua

Was Juulsen that bad? 

I didn’t get to watch but what a garbage game.

Is there any positive? Hirose even with 21 mins in a 10-0 game seems good. Karlsson also even. 

Reallly grasping at straws with this I know 

1 minute ago, SV. said:

I think Tocchet needs to send a message and cut every single player who was involved in tonight's game. 

100% agree. Unless the guy got into an actual face punching bop. Cut the rest. Allvin should be in the phone too. Cut and trade. None should see a Zvsnyckd uniform again. 

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hirose played over 20 minutes and was not scored on at even strength. 

Karlson played over 12 minutes and also wasn't scored on at even strength.

They are our only two players that didn't have a negative +/- tonight. 

Did he fight or try to take out a zgkzme? Cut his ass too.