[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

This talk of Studnika has me hoping he's in the line up here against the Flames.  Sounds like he's giving the coaching staff every reason to put him in the line up. 

A RH centre is exactly what this team is missing. Anyone know his faceoff stats?

Edited by Rusty Shackleford
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

T minus 10 hours 

Doing laps around the house... actually it's a small one bedroom apartment... they're very small laps. 

Ha ha ha.  Reminds me of when I was a kid and mom would buy us new runners and then pretend to time us running around the house to "see how fast our new runners were"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So looks like we have Bains and Studnicka fighting for a bottom 6 spot and Woo fighting into the mix for depth right D. 
Nice  to see some youth demanding a role. 
I think Studnicka was one of the worst things PA had done so far, would be great to see him turn it around and provide some size and grit in bottom 6 but am cheering for Bains to get that spot. 

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

So looks like we have Bains and Studnicka fighting for a bottom 6 spot and Woo fighting into the mix for depth right D. 
Nice  to see some youth demanding a role. 
I think Studnicka was one of the worst things PA had done so far, would be great to see him turn it around and provide some size and grit in bottom 6 but am cheering for Bains to get that spot. 

I'm thinking Studnicka has a leg up on Bains head-to-head; Stud is NHL, Bains is AHL imo.

Even though there are not really many spots available, it serves the prospects well to show as best they can at all times.

Makes for a great camp.  I am really stoked for this 'meaningless' game today.

GO CANUCKS GO !

Smolder Flam Bois Smolder

Boys pick through smoldering fire aftermath, Dorchester - Digital  Commonwealth

Just now, Goal_thecup said:

I'm thinking Studnicka has a leg up on Bains head-to-head; Stud is NHL, Bains is AHL imo.

Even though there are not really many spots available, it serves the prospects well to show as best they can at all times.

Makes for a great camp.  I am really stoked for this 'meaningless' game today.

GO CANUCKS GO !

Smolder Flam Bois Smolder

Boys pick through smoldering fire aftermath, Dorchester - Digital  Commonwealth

It’s great this management has created actual competition for spots. And even the guys who are locks are competing for ice time. Internal competition is very healthy for a club and something Benning 🤢 never got done. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I like what it seems like Tocchet is doing with the PP.  should be really entertaining once dialled in. 

Curious to see how PK fairs since pretty much all new other thanMyers. 

PK will be a lot better than the Benning 🤢 created group because these new guys will actually stay in lanes and eat pucks. Cole, Soucy, Suter, Mik (healthy) are guys who PK the right way. Myers and OEL were yuk. 

Just now, Alflives said:

PK will be a lot better than the Benning 🤢 created group because these new guys will actually stay in lanes and eat pucks. Cole, Soucy, Suter, Mik (healthy) are guys who PK the right way. Myers and OEL were yuk. 

Myers was still Tocchet’s most used PKer. Hopefully he goes to PK2 now with Cole and Soucy. 

• Like 1