[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

1 minute ago, Bllewellyn said:

I hope this is an indication that talk. It is just getting all our rookies and AHL players early games in the preseason. I hope our regular lineup comes in in the next few games so we can start the season fast. I believe knowing what you have is a good thing, but I also think you need to play prior to the season to have a quick start

I agree....get up to game speed and don't let other teams get a jump on us.

Just now, Down By the River said:

It's the first preseason game and its on the road... we have no idea whether they are going to wait too long to make cuts this year or not. 

I'm basing my opinion on what HAS happened every year. Here's hoping though, right?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

Huge mistake on their part. CALGARY should never be seen as someone to emulate, this is a team that's in complete turmoil and restructuring.

The goal is to stay the course and play the youngsters regardless win or lose, Calgary wants to prove something let them it will bite them in the arse later.

Canuck coaches need to see where their prospects are at when playing against NHL players. I expect there will be cuts made sometime tomorrow or in the next few days as to who gets a second look and who is AHL bound

• Cheers 1