[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

Just now, Canucks_fo_life said:

Why are the Canucks continuously trotting out AHL squads in the 1st preseason game of EVERY season? I look around the league and the rosters iced and there's a few more regulars, Vancouver is the only team that does this garbage 

Because that's what you do in preseason. The better question is why are the flames blowing their load on the first game of the preseason 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

realistically we're going to finish at the very bottom of the league, the good news is we'll be drafting celebrini, the bad news is petey is so disgusted that he's decided to leave us, and hockey entirely and become a realtor specializing in swedish farmland

😆

Someone needs to tell Rutherford we can’t run the AHL team in the bigs this year.

Unless Celebrini + a good sugar beet harvest is the plan all along.

75 percent or more of the players on the line up destined for  Abby and a couple that will be press box fodder and 1 that will be traded before Christmas,meanwhile the big club still doesn't know who there startind D pairings will be. Te Canucks have had a crap start for 3 seasons.if there was a team in the NHL that needs every pre season game this year to jump start a season,it's the Canucks.Roll guys in and out from the farm to figure out who should be a bottom line roll player if need be.

i understand it's preseason and all.. but i hate it when they iced an all ahl bound lineup on the ice... like what is there to evaluate when you are getting destroyed up and down the lineup against the other teams 1/3 or half regular lineups? remember all our slow starts the last 4-5 years? the regulars have maybe 1 game the very last game of the preseason where they played in their set/regular lines.. and then we start off we a slow start.. like i dunno at least ice a regular 1st 2nd or 3rd line and at least 1 regular d pairing per preseason game so they can start building chemistry.. and not just rely on practices and the last game of preseason.. we have so many new faces on the defence.. they'll need time to gel.. /end rant

Just now, Canucks_fo_life said:

Why are the Canucks continuously trotting out AHL squads in the 1st preseason game of EVERY season? I look around the league and the rosters iced and there's a few more regulars, Vancouver is the only team that does this garbage 

To be fair, the Canucks are in control of their preseason schedule and this is how they wanted to go with.   Test their young guys and makes cuts early.  If they make it close, then it will be harder to make cuts later.   

1 minute ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

Most teams ice the b roster on the first road preseason game only Canuck fans constantly cry about this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Whatever looked good in training camp and the scrimmage, they seemed to have all disappeared in the 1st preseason game.

Yes the lineups are NHL vs. AHL including the goalies, but pretty much zero structures and zero competitiveness.

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Because that's what you do in preseason. The better question is why are the flames blowing their load on the first game of the preseason 

That's what WE do in preseason and it's bites us in the ass every year. That's okay change nothing and expect change amirite?