[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

3 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Absolutely, me too.  He’s had a great camp so far, and think we should explore keeping him and Juulsen on the roster to play with Hughes

Couldn’t agree more.  Those 2 can push each other.  We need some home grown talent in the lineup.  Nice to see the the Junior Canucks being useful and giving us options.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Woo could definitely be the guy for Hughes. Smart, skates well, first to picks, and physical. Hughes needs a guy that will be first back to pucks and free them up so Hughes can pick it up and make the play. He hasn’t had a partner like that since Tanev. Woo skates well enough to play that way. 

Great points Alf. Same age/ draft year as well, so could be a long term, affordable partner if it works.

He plays with an edge, and was the center of a lot of scrums in the Abby playoffs.

• Like 1

Just now, AmyTheGma said:

Couldn’t agree more.  Those 2 can push each other.  We need some home grown talent in the lineup.  Nice to see the the Junior Canucks being useful and giving us options.

Agreed. It also spreads out our defensive depth, while protecting those two from waivers.

Hughes Juulsen/Woo

Cole Hronek

Soucy Meyers

Brisebois Juulsen/Woo

Just now, Huggy Bear said:

Agreed. It also spreads out our defensive depth, while protecting those two from waivers.

Hughes Juulsen/Woo

Cole Hronek

Soucy Meyers

Brisebois Juulsen/Woo

Those pairs look a lot more solid with Cole and Soucy both on the left.  Plus it will be fun watching Meyer’s and Soucy bang people around!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AmyTheGma said:

Might have to open up the old pensioners purse and renew the SN Now subscription for tonight.  Really excited to see some of the prospects and how they perform with some real competition(if you can call Calgary that 😉)

I would love to see Woo get a shot with Quin and see if there is any chemistry.  I think there could be…

I would love to see McDonough with Miller and Brock also, but that may be Pod’s spot to lose.  Hopefully Hogs performance gets better too as these games start to unfold.

So happy to have some hockey to watch again though!

If you don't have a way to watch the game, send me a message. 

I'll be looking into streaming options tonight and might have a link for you.  

Goes for anyone else too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

...ImageImageImage  KILL, CRUSH, DESTROY!

Actually, I hope we get to see some of the players on the cusp really give it. Players like Podkolzin. Not that I don't want to see Petey, Hughes, Miller, Kuzmenko, 

do their thing, (it is Calgary for ----- ( sake! ) Hard to get that out of the head. 5pm cannot come soon enough!