[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

How are people not shocked? We were suppose to be a different team with massive playoff expectations this year.. 7-0 with half the game to play?

Sylov is out, emotionally and mentally he may nor recover this year again..team has been mentally stumped too and so much of hockey is mental confidence this is a disaster.

Just now, Darius said:

I Hope management/ coaches don’t make  the same mistake of thinking the team is too good to dress mostly  regulars until last preseason game. 

This has been their downfall the last 4 seasons, the slow starts are directly related to this

• Thanks 1

Just now, CanucksRookieFan said:

How are people not shocked? We were suppose to be a different team with massive playoff expectations this year.. 7-0 with half the game to play?

Sylov is out, emotionally and mentally he may nor recover this year again..team has been mentally stumped too and so much of hockey is mental confidence this is a disaster.

NHL vs AHL/ECHL split squad. Better question is why are YOU shocked? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

Canucks have an advanced analytics team and do things differently than other teams. We are gearing up to change the narrative on how players are evaluated in the pre season and should continue to use the pre season to evaluate ALL players. Playing their regulars is a mistake if it was a better choice team managment would have done it, have faith in Canucks managment which has been ranked among the top in the NHL coming into this season.

and it's the same management team last year and we got off to a god awful start player completely out of sync coz they literally just played the last game of the preseason together.. really there's not much spots up for grab.. the top 9 forwards are pretty set.. the 4th line is pretty set.. the top 5 on defence is set.. again i have no problem if they wanna play their ahler.. but there's not much to evaluate if you are massively outmatched. so what is there to evaluate for silov? he gets a F? or he gets a pass coz the team is really outmatched?

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I was at an all weekend bunnyfest fundraiser that ended at 4. Yesterday I stayed and helped clean up...today I rushed off so I could catch the game. Didn't clean up any bunny poops at all. Maybe I should go back?

Win da turd??

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... take a breath. It's only preseason.

First couple games are meh but I hope they do put in mostly regulars for the last few. Don’t wait like we have every year. Can probably cut a bunch of guys tomorrow even 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pycnotic said:

This has been their downfall the last 4 seasons, the slow starts are directly related to this

Except the team IS really good this year with a ton of top 6 forwarders and reumped D core.. why rush them to play when we already have a good roaster you don't need to play them to read the roaster on the paper.

• Cheers 1