[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

Just now, Pycnotic said:

This has been their downfall the last 4 seasons, the slow starts are directly related to this

Yup I remember not so long ago preseason when Oilers were dressing their A roster against us in like game two of preseason and we were worried about rehearsing role players.  Only first game this year but hopefully they don’t make the same mistakes. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Please elaborate 

Not much really to takeaway from this game, because everyone looks bad. Tough to evaluate anyone. A bunch of AHL’ers losing double digits to NHL regulars isn’t much of a good experience.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

First couple games are meh but I hope they do put in mostly regulars for the last few. Don’t wait like we have every year. Can probably cut a bunch of guys tomorrow even 

Agree. We need to have chemistry. Can't be auditioning right up to the opener. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

How are people not shocked? We were suppose to be a different team with massive playoff expectations this year.. 7-0 with half the game to play?

Sylov is out, emotionally and mentally he may nor recover this year again..team has been mentally stumped too and so much of hockey is mental confidence this is a disaster.

It’s a preseason game with mainly prospects vs Calgary’s opening night lineup lol  Get off the ledge 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

Precisely. I wish more Russian NHLers would speak out, but I get it. I am retired army and there are times you have to consider your family. My wife was interviewed in Tel Aviv for 8 hours after telling their customs people she was there to meet me, and what I was doing there, opens your eyes to how things can affect loved ones. She lied after that and all was well with international travel. LOL

That reminds me of a (in hindsight) funny story. 

My friend was travelling through Middle East and with some time to kill decided to check out some random museum in Lebanon. Next thing you know, he's being taken somewhere that turns out to be some extremely anti-Western and anti-Israel place and he took the first opportunity he could to get the hell out of there. 

Years later when travelling through Israel, he was followed by an Israeli agent that brought him aside and took him in for questioning. He told me it was one of the scariest experiences for him because he genuinely didn't know what was gonna happen to him. 

• Huggy Bear 1