[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

1 minute ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Yes that’s why I’m frustrated with the decision. They must know we have to make a statement early in preseason. But nothing has changed and we will again have bad season. I am not expecting us to make playoffs but I just want to have a better start. Then we know we are improving! 

Preseason is meaningless in terms of how it represents or contrasts against the regular season.

history has proven that time and time again.

Calgary is simply trying to unify their roster after a dismal season and major internal strife. We are not in the same position. Folks need to keep in mind certain perspectives. 

Edited by RWJC

Just now, RWJC said:

Preseason is meaningless.

Calgary is simply trying to unify their roster after a dismal season and major internal strife. We are not in the same position. Folks need to keep in mind certain perspectives. 

Should we not try to unify after our dismal season? We’re going to be changing coaches again.

Just now, Chon derry said:

F.ck fight or hold the light. 

Exactly! I don’t get this giving on to getting pounded attitude. Hockey allows fighting. Down 7-0 you better find a dance partner and bop. Grab their most skilled player and make him go. This is the most loser group of Canucks I’ve ever seen. Fight for Gods sake! 

Just now, PeteyBoeser said:

Yes that’s why I’m frustrated with the decision. They must know we have to make a statement early in preseason. But nothing has changed and we will again have bad season. I am not expecting us to make playoffs but I just want to have a better start. Then we know we are improving! 

As long as they use these games to fix any issues before playing games that actually count 

They have had 3 consecutive horrible  regular season starts, it’s still preseason , there’s time 

Just now, RWJC said:

Preseason is meaningless.

Uh? We don't want to unify our roster that has had many dismal seasons in a row and has an all star center who's going to wait and see how we do before re-signing? 😂

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I’m confused. Here are 2 teams with tons of pressure on them this year. One of them is icing their lineup to get a head start on preparation. The other is having a training camp scrimmage for their farm team… 

For all this talk about needing to start strong…. Why are we icing this roster? 

First game and on the road. 

Nux will have last 3 games at home.  I suspect those are likely near full lineup.  

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

it's wild that in a 7-0 whooping, the only memorable hit we threw so far is the Sasson hit in the 1st period... that is depressing. 

they say teams take on the personality of the coaches but I aint seeing it. 😔

It will take some time before we recover from the damage done by Green.

• Upvote 1