[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

K. That's enough for me tonight.   

Will listen to the post game comments from coach.  

Not worried at all.  They will dress a different roster next game.   No need to waste too many preseason games for the AHL team.  

• Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

So is the message from Tocchett look how far from being NHLers you guys are?

That’s the only thing these guys are probably thinking after this beat down.

Yeah none of us are asking for 18 regulars and a few tryouts.. just shelter the guys who are legitimate close. Apologists make me nauseous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

What a pointless comment. It's called an opinion, we all can have them, and message boards are for posting them. 

No whats pointless is fans trying to get Canucks to commit to playing their vets but Canucks managment is too smart for that, it's called trusting the process. Ask anyone who been in the NHL managment they will tell you that, I am new to hockey but I have huge faith in the managment team and have to believe their reasons for doing what they are doing is beyond the average fans comprehension. 

Edited by CanucksRookieFan

Just now, CanucksRookieFan said:

All due respect you aren't a NHL caliber executive. What an average fan thinks is good for the team is so far from the truth there is a reason why Canucks managment have jobs and are paid millions while the average person just moans on the forums.

Hey you aren't Roberts!!

8 minutes ago, RWJC said:

If I’m a coach I’d rather see how potential NHL roster players acquit themselves (against an NHL caliber squad) without the support of said players.
If they can’t stand out amongst their peers on their own team in this capacity right now, then how can you verify their capability honestly and accurately without the benefit of factoring in the rub or bump from their  NHL level linemates potentially carrying them or upping their average so to speak. 

Feet to the fire. See what you get.

again, that’s what preseason is for. 

You would never see this many call ups in ANY scenario like at all! In fact if they were trying to simulate a call up there would have to be a few more regulars in the line up. THAT IS PROPER EVALUATION !!!!! Unless this is an abottsford evaluation. Which we all know it’s not. 

Edited by Chon derry
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Joshua played 79 games last season, Åman 68, Podkolzin 79 the year before that and Höglander 60  by NHL rules that counts as NHL regulars. 

Over how many seasons? Have any played a complete season? These are also important questions. Not just going by definition. The first two are fringe nhl players and the second are yeg to establish themselves as full-time nhlers. That's the truth. Funny the original quote I quoted didn't even mention Irwin who played as many games as all 4 of those guys put together, or Suter who is a nhl regular as he's been playing full seasons 

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Oh I understand what you're saying. I'm saying this is just demoralizing and generally unhelpful for literally everyone Canucks. 

it is, but whatever the outcome it’s absolutely necessary as a tool to realistically look at who is still sitting on “potential” and who is legit.

soooooo many posters in offseason penciling in Silovs as backup, Woo as a 7/8 and even Hogs or Podz in top 6.

does it look like any of that is accurate right now? Obviously mgmt sees it differently and it’s showing, warts and all. 

• Cheers 1