[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Yeah none of us are asking for 18 regulars and a few tryouts.. just shelter the guys who are legitimate close. Apologists make me nauseous.

sheltering doesn’t make you a pro.

adversity and working through it does

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

But, would you have known Jett Woo and Jack Rathbone are still not NHL calibre? 

Jett Woo playing as a 6th vs half Calgary roster might actually look decent. He's being asked to do too much and, honestly, how the fuck can this be good for his development? This is an annual fucking joke at this point. 

I think the big problem with not icing a team that can at least be competitive is that you have a fanbase who have only seen losing. You want to let them have confidence going into the season. This wasn't the way to do it. Poor judgement I think. Ya it's an AHL roster but at least have it be competitive.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Preseason is meaningless in terms of how it represents or contrasts against the regular season.

history has proven that time and time again.

Calgary is simply trying to unify their roster after a dismal season and major internal strife. We are not in the same position. Folks need to keep in mind certain perspectives. 

I don't think that's it. Calgary is the home team, early in pre-season the home team tends to dress more regulars than the away team. Although I do feel after this game the coaching staff will be forced to dress a few more regulars.

1 minute ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

No whats pointless is fans trying to get Canucks to commit to playing their vets but Canucks managment is too smart for that, it's called trusting the process. Ask anyone who been in the NHL managment they will tell you that, I am new to hockey but I have huge faith in the managment team and have to believe their reasons for doing what they are doing is beyond the average fans 

Welcome to the game of hockey

Best game on the planet.