[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

I agree that it is a waste of a game.  Even if we iced a better squad, the kids would be able to learn playing on 3rd or 4th line and score might be close.  Good thing we didn't bring our A squad to the game.  Flames can ice A team all they want but it won't mean anything once regular season arrives.  Overconfident is a killer for the Flames.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Or maybe Tocc wants to see the young guys for the first game and make cuts right away so he can focus on the main team the next few games. 

I hope that's the case. How are any of the players playing tonight gaining any confidence? You don't want their confidence being shattered.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Not freaking out by any means. Annoyed? Yeah, because it's a broken record. If we continue the preseason like this and start the season 2-5 I won't be freaking out either. It will be record time for apathy on my part though. 

I take preseason with a grain of salt. Oilers were preseason champs for a decade but finished 25th or worse through most of those years.