[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

7 minutes ago, RWJC said:

sheltering doesn’t make you a pro.

adversity and working through it does

Competition within also has it adversity’s. It also provides motivation throwing this many players as tonites lineup is creating adversity that would never happen.  Unless 18 regulars were injured and this many call ups  had to happen. These guy were beaten tonite.  Badly. I real can’t see why you or anybody would defend such a stupid game plan. I’ve had some fairly good preseason tryouts In my time but the rookies were ALWAYS the minority. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Puts pressure on the boys to win the next game. 0-2 to start the preseason will send everyone over the edge. 

Nah preseason results don’t matter but the effort level and how they play certainly does.

If they play hard and good positionally and still lose it’s fine. They’re doing neither of those unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Joshua could be on the outside looking in if he doesn’t up his compete level.

Very disappointing night for him as he should of been roughing some players up. If he thinks he's sticking in the NHL without being that physical presence, he's sadly mistaken. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am waiting for a canuck fan to throw a jersey on the ice. Can you imagine. They don't even wait for the first game of the actual season. 

Probably would have happened if the game was in Vancouver but if it happened in Calgary would be something.

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

MAN UP amirite?

perhaps? I dont know. I just figure there’s lots to be distilled from this game if you’re on the Nux side. It can become a real positive if processed properly and converted.

as for the Lames, I expected a hard game against them. The lineups on paper alone were screaming out how difficult a game this would be. 

Just now, Rekker said:

Very disappointing night for him as he should of been roughing some players up. If he thinks he's sticking in the NHL without being that physical presence, he's sadly mistaken. 

Getting feisty with Garly in practice and then showing nothing in games certainly won’t cut it.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol you are just making excuse for the team that ice a really bad lineup.. irwin maybe a fringe 6/7th defenceman.. icing a 4th line plug and a 7th defenceman while the rest are all ahlers and letting your goalie of the future destroyed sure helps the team evaluate

Still an NHL regular 61>40 3/4 of a season is an NHL regular.