[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

2 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Competition within also has it adversity’s. It also provides motivation throwing this many players as tonites lineup is creating adversity that would never happen.  Unless 18 regulars were injured and this many call ups  had to happen. These guy were beaten tonite.  Badly. I real can’t see why you or anybody would defend such a stupid game plan. I’ve had some fairly good preseason tryouts In my time but the rookies were ALWAYS the minority. 

how much pushback do you see?

If you had to pick the last few names for the NHL roster tonight who would you pick and why? 
Tocchet et al put them on the hot seat because they want to make the club on their own merits. Win or loss, they can prove they are capable regardless of outcome. Even against a team they are severely outmatched by. 
That’s the point of this exercise.

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

perhaps? I dont know. I just figure there’s lots to be distilled from this game if you’re on the Nux side. It can become a real positive if processed properly and converted.

as for the Lames, I expected a hard game against them. The lineups on paper alone were screaming out how difficult a game this would be. 

Not a psych major, I take it.

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

This actually may be a blessing in disguise as it’s gotten so bad that they won’t be able to sweep it under the rug with the typical it’s only preseason.

Can’t wait for the post game comments …lol jk