[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

Just now, Canuckle said:

Literally.

Didn't realize we needed a god damn seizure warning on CFF for a profile picture.

I’ve never blocked anyone’s posts before but this sure is tempting me, I’ll decide when I’m sober, it’s not that bad right now.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I think this was the plan with how camp scheduled out for preseason games. I have no doubt you’ll see a much stronger roster next game and going forward. This was a bubble game for a select few who might take the next step forward.

Let’s hope so tochett wasn’t here last years preseason  and I don’t think Bruce was vocal enough to stand up against a decision that may not have been his. But there was to much emphasis on players that they should have known wouldn’t be here and not enough emphasis on who was going to be here. There’s a chance to not go down road again and to  get the real team in gear and ready to go. That’s what the priority should be. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Gordon said:

Full credit to Hoglander, Studnicka, Raty, and Hirose for managing to play some half-decent hockey in that shit show.

They did themselves credit with their effort tonight.

yesssss, and defined themselves, so far, a cut above their peers in terms of what they can provide even in a garbage game.

That’s worth something.

Almost seems like that might have been the intention…but what the fuck does Tocchet know anyway?

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1

Just now, BestCanuck said:

Scrimmages, pre-season… take it for what it is practice & to give low tier guys a chance to shine. 

only get better from here. 

Yeah, no need to get too worked up over this other then the fact that a lot of our young guys were disappointing. 

Silovs faced some great chances, but he really didn't make nearly enough saves to keep us in this game.  It was over halfway through the 1st period. 

I don't expect vets like Petey and Huggy to be dressed in the next few games considering they're away games. But I do agree that we should be dressing our potential lineup - its basically a brand new team and these guys need to figure out how to play together.

I think we have a great team but I'm worried about that RD spot besides Huggy. Not sure how we fill that spot.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Let’s hope so tochett wasn’t here last years preseason  and I don’t think Bruce was vocal enough to stand up against a decision that may not have been his. But there was too much emphasis on players that they should have known wouldn’t be here and not enough emphasis on who was going to be here. There’s a chance to not go down road again and to  get the real team in gear and ready to go. That’s what the priority should be. 

totally and I think you’ll see that occur.

It’s game 1 of a strategic preseason progression.