[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

yesssss, and defined themselves, so far, a cut above their peers in terms of what they can provide even in a garbage game.

That’s worth something.

8 minutes ago, Jack Gordon said:

Full credit to Hoglander, Studnicka, Raty, and Hirose for managing to play some half-decent hockey in that shit show.

They did themselves credit with their effort tonight.

1. Hughes 

2. Hronek 

3. Soucy 

4. Cole 

5. Myers 

6. Brisebois 

7. Wolanin 

8. Irwin 

9. Hirose 

Johansson, McWard, Woo, Juulsen, and Rathbone are on the outside looking in for me...  thoughts?

Edited by AatuD2
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Say what you will about NHL being new age, skills, finesse, but we were too small and weak out there, and it killed confidence. We had nobody who would even look at Klapka.

When we lose 10-0, we should at least win a fight or two.

Edited by Slegr
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, CanucksCritic said:

This team needs to get their shit together and actually have a solid start. If we miss the playoffs, we’re losing Pettersson.

Your avatar is incredibly annoying...  

Do you mind changing it?  

• Upvote 1

Just tired of this management, telling us they dressed up a turd and passing it off as a princess. Yes, I know it’s the first game and all this strategic crap that they say however, one thing been consistent for the past few years is our team doesn’t seem to be fluent or cohesive at the beginning of the year and every year we have these strategic starts with our players and developmental things blah blah blah, you pay your stars to be your stars and yeah we gotta fit people in but it’s time for people to get their shit together and get going. No more excuses get this team on the same page ready for game one. Patience has ran out.

14 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

as much as i love the big hit.. it's a little dirty imo.. both going full speed for the puck and knocks him off stride below the goal line.. the guy almost folded 180 degrees.. dangerous and dirty.. if the role was reversed ppl here would be screaming for suspension.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

1. Hughes 

2. Hronek 

3. Soucy 

4. Cole 

5. Myers 

6. Brisebois 

7. Wolanin 

8. Irwin 

9. Hirose 

Johansson, McWard, Woo, Juulsen, and Rathbone are on the outside looking in for me...  thoughts?

I’d place Irwin over Wolanin atm, just based on NHL experience/reliability alone, but def in same range. 
I also think Juulsen will get another opp to prove something.

• Cheers 1