[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

8 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

player evaluation is as much about cohesiveness. But your not alone. There’s someone in the Canucks Org that doesn’t understand that part as well. 

And who continued playing the right way, showing the attributes they're looking for-- attention to detail, high compete... even while everything going wrong around then, REGARDLESS of teammates.

I think that's the bigger lesson you're missing here.

Didnr matter if the score was 4-2, 7-3, 10-0. They're still looking for the same thing with the same critical eye with the individual players.

The organization knew exactly what they were doing putting an ahl squad against an NHL squad. It was a test, my friend. And a big one.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Relax guys, We're building brick by brick.

elephant by elephant, but its first pre-season game, even though this was terrible lol, there will be cuts for the young guns and lets just take it easy till regular season before over-reacting.

44 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

How many of those guys are going to be on the roster? The team gets to see how guys respond to pressure. We had a lot of penalties so we got a look at some guys there as well. The benefit is that the young guys see what level they have to get to to make it. As bottom line players these are some of the matchups that they have to get used to.

I dunno hoglander podz woo rathbone Irwin prolly all have a shot at a spot on the roster? Whether it’s the odd man in the press box or not? If you asked me woo and rathbone based on tonight’s game should be back to ahl tmw lol but that’s not really fair for them they were playing top pairing against a legitimate first line

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

What’s up with Dakota Joshua?  First he tries to beat up our smallest player. Then he swings his stick at one of our elite core players. Then he sh*td the bed tonight and is too scared to get into a real fight with the opposition. 

Dude is gonna end up on waivers real soon. 

What’s concerning about this game is the absence of any kind of pushback.

We haven't acquired players of such character in an age.

Whoever chose this roster to represent Canuck hockey needs to be publicly shamed into owning it.

Alvin better not be smugly dismissing away this 10-0 capitulation (to the Flames?) without banging some heads together getting to the why of it.

Wake staff up at first light tomorrow, gettum in 'n start icing your best team from here on to the first regular game.

Else we got a third consecutive shitshow season-start to endure.

The back-slapping, self-congratulation has to end already: high time to do some, y'know, actual constructive coaching!

ffs.

• Vintage 1

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev

Beauvillier-Miller-Boeser

_________-Suter-Garland

_________-Blueger-________

Raty, Bains, PDG, Joshua, Studnicka, Aman, Hoglander, Podkolzin

We’ll see who plays better than the other. These 3 spots are easily up for grabs.

1 minute ago, Ballisticsports said:

I don't think Rathbone is even close to being a ready NHL player ,whether he stays or not with the organization, he hasn't increased his value to any team and would be a throw in on any deal 

I’m afraid he’s waiver fodder. 

Just now, Snoop Hogg said:

I know it’s just one game, but I have doubts about Joshua and Podkolzin. Not sure about Aman either. 

Same here dude. Podkolzin could benefit a year in the AHL.

Its telling when a 20 year old Raty is a better offensive threat than you.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

It's called paraphrasing.

And I just went back to look at what you originally wrote again.

It's accurate.

You changed what I said…attributed it to me. Then responded. That’s not paraphrasing. It’s flat out misquoting…. 

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Same here dude. Podkolzin could benefit a year in the AHL.

Its telling when a 20 year old Raty is a better offensive threat than you.

I’ve been more impressed with Studnicka and I thought he was definitely Abby bound. Maybe he isn’t.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1