[Signing] Travis Green to Ottawa

2 minutes ago, bh90 said:

but neither are quality NHL players to this day so in hindsight hard to judge 

Both were massive upgrades over useless trash like Petan and Chiasson and still are.  It was clearly obvious at the time to anyone with a functioning brain and should resulted in Green being fired on the spot for even suggesting gifting unearned roster spots to AHL trash.  The fact that Green was so stupid that he didn't realize that is proof that he's simply not qualified to work in professional hockey in any capacity.  You can't have an imbecile line that making decisions that can have lasting impact.

I feel sorry for Ottawa fans who have to see the damage a guy like Green does to an organization.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Both were massive upgrades over useless trash like Petan and Chiasson and still are.  It was clearly obvious at the time to anyone with a functioning brain and should resulted in Green being fired on the spot for even suggesting gifting unearned roster spots to AHL trash.  The fact that Green was so stupid that he didn't realize that is proof that he's simply not qualified to work in professional hockey in any capacity.  You can't have an imbecile line that making decisions that can have lasting impact.

I feel sorry for Ottawa fans who have to see the damage a guy like Green does to an organization.

I would pick a better example to argue your point that Green is trash

arguing that he didn't give two career borderline AHL'er an opportunity is not really a strong argument. Green had one of the worst roster, depth, and prospect pool to work with. Yet, he had a respectable record with the Canucks and he taught the same fundamentals Tocchet did.

I think he deserves a chance to see what he can do with a different team.

Obviously the pros in the league that have a lot more insight into every player and coach still considers Green a good coach

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

MacEwan and Gadjovic both got waived to make room for guys who had no hope of ever turning into NHLers.

Mac's gone on to be a fourth liner for Philly, LA, and Ottawa, and cleared waivers twice this season. 

Gadjovich, to his credit, has been able to carve out a fourth line role in both San Jose and Florida, got himself an extension in Florida, he hasn't gotten any playoff games thus far though. 

One could also lay roster management at the feet of Benning and co, who made several questionable decisions across their tenure. Kinda hard to pin that all on Green. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Mac's gone on to be a fourth liner for Philly, LA, and Ottawa, and cleared waivers twice this season. 

Gadjovich, to his credit, has been able to carve out a fourth line role in both San Jose and Florida, got himself an extension in Florida, he hasn't gotten any playoff games thus far though. 

One could also lay roster management at the feet of Benning and co, who made several questionable decisions across their tenure. Kinda hard to pin that all on Green. 

It's just an example.  Green demonstrated over his entire tenure that he wasn't intelligent enough to set the lineup properly.  Ottawa would have been better off by far if they'd hired an actual coach instead of this unqualified baboon.  Benning's biggest mistake was in hiring this idiot.

Edited by King Heffy

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's just an example.  Green demonstrated over his entire tenure that he wasn't intelligent enough to set the lineup properly.  Ottawa would have been better off by far if they'd hired an actual coach instead of this unqualified baboon.  Benning's biggest mistake was in hiring this idiot.

And we are telling you to come up with a better one.  Like in NJ, for example.  Name a player you think Green should've played more during that little 20 game stint.  

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

And we are telling you to come up with a better one.  Like in NJ, for example.  Name a player you think Green should've played more during that little 20 game stint.  

It's better to use examples we're all familiar with.  The fact that New Jersey went from a playoff team to a joke after they brought Green into the locker room speaks for itself though.  I don't have to provide niche small shallow sample sized examples because you don't understand how much damage Green did to this organization.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

It's better to use examples we're all familiar with.  The fact that New Jersey went from a playoff team to a joke after they brought Green into the locker room speaks for itself though.  I don't have to provide niche small shallow sample sized examples because you don't understand how much damage Green did to this organization.

Well you do have to provide examples because you said in a previous post that Green was gifting roster spots to useless plugs in New Jersey.

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Well you do have to provide examples because you said in a previous post that Green was gifting roster spots to useless plugs in New Jersey.

Provide the quote and I'll help solve your reading comprehension issues.

It seems @King Heffy  think it's Travis Green's fault NJD got sunk this season.  He thinks it's the assistant coach's fault the HEAD coach got fired.  He think it's Green's fault they lost Hughes, Siegenthaler, Hamilton, and McLeod for large parts of the season.

All Travis Green's fault.

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Provide the quote and I'll help solve your reading comprehension issues.

On 5/8/2024 at 4:48 AM, King Heffy said:

He also did terrible in New Jersey, and part of the roster issues were due to him gifting some of those useless plugs roster spots despite them obviously not being able to play in an NHL lineup.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It never occured to you that the first part of my post was a reply that he also did terrible in New Jersey, and the second part was referring to Green voluntarily playing useless pylons in Vancouver, just like I'm the post I was replying to?

6 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

He think it's Green's fault they lost Hughes, Siegenthaler, Hamilton, and McLeod for large parts of the season.

Do you have a quote stating this, or is this another case of your struggles with understanding the English language?  I'm not here to continue providing remedial education for you.

Edited by King Heffy

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It never occured to you that the first part of my post was a reply that he also did terrible in New Jersey, and the second part was referring to Green voluntarily playing useless pylons in Vancouver, just like I'm the post I was replying to?

Do you have a quote stating this, or is this another case of your struggles with understanding the English language?  I'm not here to continue providing remedial education for you.

Almost seems like a racist post.  In any case, you seem to think Travis Green is some kind of disgrace to the NHL.  You think some assistant coach was the cause of everything that went wrong in New Jersey.  Not Lindy Ruff's fault, not Ftizgerald's fault, not just bad injury luck... but assistant coach Travis Green.  All his fault.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Almost seems like a racist post.  In any case, you seem to think Travis Green is some kind of disgrace to the NHL.  You think some assistant coach was the cause of everything that went wrong in New Jersey.  Not Lindy Ruff's fault, not Ftizgerald's fault, not just bad injury luck... but assistant coach Travis Green.  All his fault.

So you understand that the second quote from my previous statement was a lie, or do you need further assistance?  If you think any part of that post had anything to do with race, a dictionary might be a worthwhile investment for you.

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, King Heffy said:

So you understand that the second quote from my previous statement was incorrect, or do you need further assistance?  If you think any part of that post had anything to do with race, a dictionary might be a worthwhile investment for you.

Still trying to find out why you think it's an assistant coach's fault for everything that happened to Jersey.  Never able to back anything up as usual.

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Still trying to find out why you think it's an assistant coach's fault for everything that happened to Jersey.  Never able to back anything up as usual.

Why in holy hell would I continue this conversation when you falsely out words in my mouth and then accuse me of racism when you get called out for it?  We're done here.

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

@Coconuts or @bh90 can deal with this guy.  I'm too busy learning English.

i don't think it's worth dealing with him

he's doubled down on travis green being terrible ... not just as a coach but also as a human being by all the names he calls him. he must know him on a personal level

he also seems to be a peach of a person to be around in real life. i try to stay away from ultra negative people that know it all

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Why in holy hell would I continue this conversation when you falsely out words in my mouth and then accuse me of racism when you get called out for it?  We're done here.

Then deal with the multiple others who have called out your bullshit.

2 minutes ago, bh90 said:

i don't think it's worth dealing with him

he's doubled down on travis green being terrible ... not just as a coach but also as a human being by all the names he calls him. he must know him on a personal level

he also seems to be a peach of a person to be around in real life. i try to stay away from ultra negative people that know it all

He keeps telling me to get help or learn English or get educated.  Yet everytime anyone mentions Travis Green it's "unprofessional disgrace" "unprofessional disgrace".  Maybe if he says it five times over someone will take him seriously?

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Then deal with the multiple others who have called out your bullshit.

You seem to not understand the fact that other people on here don't have to follow your requests.  I would have thought you'd have figured that out after you told a fucking mod how to post not even a week ago, but I guess I was too optimistic.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

You seem to not understand the fact that other people on here don't have to follow your requests.  I would have thought you'd have figured that out after you told a fucking mod how to post not even a week ago, but I guess I was too optimistic.

True.  You've never been a reliable poster who brought anything of value to any discussion.  Most of us are wondering how Green will do in Ottawa while you are still shouting "unprofessional!" to anyone who will try to listen.

10 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

True.  You've never been a reliable poster who brought anything of value to any discussion.  Most of us are wondering how Green will do in Ottawa while you are still shouting "unprofessional!" to anyone who will try to listen.

I wasn't aware we'd done away with the entire rep system and had decided that you'd be the sole judge of which posters bring value to a discussion.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Ya, wrong. Heff's posts are valuable and from a perspective you apparently can't understand. Not every perspective is derived from a chart or graph or are cut and dry. I enjoy Heff's posts and find them knowledgeable. They can be out there at times, but then I find those posts entertaining and can see the point made and the path taken. Loosen up and you could maybe find some value and humor in the posts as well. Oh, and the racist thing, get a grip and find the real enemies out there.

• ThereItIs 2