[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Now could you just imagine what kind of tone would be set if Miller just skated away from this after being cross checked in the head by mcdavid?  lets not kid ourselves, it would light a huge fire under the Oilers.

Missing is the part where mcbaby goes after de gisseppe and backs down when he sees no one jump in to save him.

this kind of after the whistle stuff goes a long way in the mental game.

Im 💯 with you on what youre saying, Stawns is not worth the time

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

31 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, the idea that if Daniel punched Marchand in the face we win the Cup is naive and silly. They beat us by scoring more.

Theres the game within the game.

yes games are won by goals

but goals are scored by beating your opponent. There are lots of ways to beat your opponent, one way is to frustrate them.

Punching back wouldnt have won, but the whole team pushing back and taking control would have. 

a beat dog cowers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

I can't wait to shut Ryan Whitney up

What a salty bitch he is. Holy moly.

Canucks definitely living rent-free in his head, lol. Hope McD and Drai are as affected as him

• Like 1

I didn't watch much of the Oilers/Kings series, but I wonder if the Kings played the Oilers physically or if they tried to match the end-to-end speed game. Kings might've been sucked into the Oilers style of play.

I think the Canucks will be a tougher matchup than the Kings, because of the structured D game and the nastiness of Zadorov, Myers, Soucy and Cole. 

4 hours ago, Bell said:

Petey shows up huge with two goals and an apple.  Canucks win 4-2 and Mcwhiny goes on a very emotional rant about  how Big Z is mean

McD will also comment that, it’s “interesting” that they started their 3rd string goaltender.

Ill take any kind of W vs the Oilers, but a defensively solid team win from top to bottom would be oh so sweet

Posted (edited)

For some reason, I don’t fear the Oilers as much as Nashville. While their offence is much more dangerous, their defence is a dumpster fire compared to the Preds.

Looks like everyone isn’t giving us much a chance in this series. That’s fine, let all the pressure be on the Oilers.

I feel like the media, analysts, Oilers fans etc think we’re the Kings or something. The Preds played a very hard physical series against us, plus they had a red hot PP coming into the playoffs, and we matched the physicality and the PK stepped up immensely and shut them down.

If we limit the penalties and play a physically tight game against McJesus and Draisatl, we should be good.

Edited by Believe In Blue
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If the Canucks can manage the top line of the Oilers I like their chances. This would be the series for Petey and some depth scoring to step up because they'll get their chances. 

Play some Tocchet hockey well and that should do it. I like our odds but they need to elevate their game some.  

15 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I didn't watch much of the Oilers/Kings series, but I wonder if the Kings played the Oilers physically or if they tried to match the end-to-end speed game. Kings might've been sucked into the Oilers style of play.

I think the Canucks will be a tougher matchup than the Kings, because of the structured D game and the nastiness of Zadorov, Myers, Soucy and Cole. 

I watched some periods, it really looked like no body-check hockey. Mcdavid was swanning around untouched and hymen was allowed to stand in front. The nhl stats say otherwise but i think they are full of bs.

IMG_5902.gif.1d2ba721d635b11087213a282ef4b370.gif

• Cheers 1