[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

Posted (edited)

What in the crik-water drinking, bare-hand ass wiping, donkey loving, mayonnaise sandwich eating, sister kissing, redneck forum site is this!!!!!!!! Crashes during the most important point in the season!!! On to hockey, first period almost as bad as the network admins running the Invision server farm ... 

Canucks will regroup, a couple of posts, looks, etc ... DON'T TAKE DUMB PENALTIES PLEASE!

Edited by Rocket-68

Man, I don’t know who Cole thought that pass was going to, but that was brutal. Lots of work to do to get back in this one. At least Edmonton is letting us pound them on the cycle/forecheck. Keep that up and we’ll get some bounces.

• Cheers 2

Just now, J-23 said:

Tocchet’s obsession with the 4th line needs to end this intermission, no way they should be playing this many minutes.

Think it’s to afford the top 6 a chance to conserve energy for O which we are seriously lacking. Just not working out though 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Having our top line up as a checking line, and the other 3 aren't set up for scoring.. is not going to win this series. Can't win 1-0 games. Mike yeo showing his talents here. Gonna have to play some offense to win against the oil

The team looks so much slower than Edmonton which is likely something they may want to address in the offseason. Its also why we don't generate many calls. We aren't very fast. We are what we are. Nothing they can do now but man at times the Miller line looked like it was skating in quicksand.

I guess the positive outlook is the Canucks can hang w EDM as long as they dont shoot themselves in the foot.  

Finishing some of their chances is gonna be huge

I f'n hate the Oilers.

McDavid's first shift holding on like a mofo. 

Clobber them. Kane too....get a restraining order. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Having our top line up as a checking line, and the other 3 aren't set up for scoring.. is not going to win this series. Can't win 1-0 games. Mike yeo showing his talents here. Gonna have to play some offense to win against the oil

Other than the last shift, Miller's line is getting wrked hard.

Just now, JoGuitar said:

Man, I don’t know who Cole thought that pass was going to, but that was brutal. Lots of work to do to get back in this one. At least Edmonton is letting us pound them on the cycle/forecheck. Keep that up and we’ll get some bounces.

Well its worth a benching is it not? Both goals were directly from him. The penalty was his fault. Why is he still getting regular amounts of ice time?

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I prefer Juulsen as well but they're comparable.

Well Juulsen will be taking Cole’s FT spot next season 

“We need to stay disciplined out there and stay out of the box or we’re dead” Rick Tocchet. 2 minutes into game one a bench minor. Sets the tone for the rest of the game/series. Fuckin joke. 

This reminds me a bit of the bubble series with Vegas, where they came out fast and hard and we were shell-shocked. Eventually the Canucks adjusted, and thanks to the famous performance of Demko in games 5 and 6, pushed that series all the way to seven. We can beat these guys, they’re not the 1985 version of the Oilers

Just now, Cocanuck said:

Its gonna turn.  Edmonton isnt that great in their own end.   We own this period!

Yep, we were starting to pin them in their end at the end of the period.

More of that.

• Upvote 1