[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

I'd like a 3-1 win.

The type of game where the Oil think they should have won.

Dont need to blow them out and get them all worked up, then steal game two to put them in a hole...

Wait, nah, what am I saying?

BURY THEM!

Hit them, score on them, call them mean names, make fun of their friends and families... the whole shebang. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hes not, but he's not as far off as people think.  They're definitely different players and impact the game in different ways, but we can't pretend that Bouchard isn't someone the Canucks have to seriously deal with.

Yep you’re right for sure.  
It is still pretty funny.  I expect to face dangerous weapons at this time of year.  Bouchard is definitely in that category but still a very obvious difference from our captain.  
He’s no Roman Josi either and I’m pretty happy about that.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Keys to winning this series:

-  Silovs continues his excellent play

-  Bottom 4 defense pairings continue their dominant play  (they upped their play and more than compensated for Hughes' suppression by Nashville forwards in the first round)

-  Getting Pettersson going.  This is not just on Pettersson... it requires that Tocchet puts a decent winger with him to replace Mikheyev.  Hoglander can stay on the line as a shooter, but Pettersson needs a playmaker/passer/shooter on his line to be creative with.  First choice Lindholm, but if for some bizarre reason Tocchet doesn't want to do that, then it should probably be Garland.

Without all three of these factors addressed or maintained, the team's chances to advance are much lower.

I think series will come down to Silovs and the PK. 

We need him to play like he did in Nashville. No soft goals. 

If we get good goaltending and our PK does a good job, we should beat these guys. 

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If it's deemed that Hronek benefited from Hughes, then I assure you that Bouchard benefited from Mcdavid, Draisatl, and Hyman.  

Absolutely, no argument there.  But, he has an absolute bomb that he gets through to the net...........as I said, he's a very different player than Hughes.  But, offensively, hes in the same ballpark as Hughes and the Canucks ard going to have a plan to neutralize him

53 minutes ago, stawns said:

While I completely agree, Bouchard did get 82 points this year 

Bouchard is an excellent PP quarterback, with a good shot and decent puck distribution skills and passing, but he doesn't have the dynamic puck carrying ability of Hughes and is the opposite when it comes to speed... he is slow.

A lot of his points came from simply being on the PP with McDavid and Draisaitl and being the initial puck distributor... a lot of 2nd assists.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'd like a 3-1 win.

The type of game where the Oil think they should have won.

Dont need to blow them out and get them all worked up, then steal game two to put them in a hole...

Wait, nah, what am I saying?

BURY THEM!

Hit them, score on them, call them mean names, make fun of their friends and families... the whole shebang. 

We win 2-1

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Edited by Bob Long
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Yep you’re right for sure.  
It is still pretty funny.  I expect to face dangerous weapons at this time of year.  Bouchard is definitely in that category but still a very obvious difference from our captain.  
He’s no Roman Josi either and I’m pretty happy about that.

Josi is in entirely another league from Bouchard... he is up there with Hughes. 

You don't win the Norris and put 23 pucks in the net unless you are elite.

Josi drove the Nashville offense last series... he is an exceptional player.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Listen to this POS.

Ryan Whitney on Spittin Chicklets going off on the Nux and us fans:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMnbrpyF/

Fck him he’s a salty pos. The man’s upset he lost a gold medal game in Vancouver during the 2010 olympics. What exactly has he done in his career to be so worked up against the Canucks. 

• Cheers 1