[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

We had a staff appreciation day (well, all week actually) and had a sushi lunch. I'm not big on sushi (I hate seaweed) but I gave it a go. They also had fish and caesar salad for weirdos like me who don't do sushi. I have learned that I love wasabi though.

Later in the day we got presented with certificates and had egg tarts and bubble tea. We're also being fed clues each day for a treasure hunt. $100 Amazon g/c is the prize. We each got to pick a random g/c as well..I got a $10 Indigo.

I work in a pretty great place. 

• Cheers 4

Why don’t I feel nervous or worried like the ‘11 and ‘94 runs? Even with our third string goalie playing and Petey not producing. I’m confident the boys can take the Oil tonight. 

let’s fu*king go fellas. I’ll be there for game 5. If there is one? 

Just now, -dlc- said:

We had a staff appreciation day (well, all week actually) and had a sushi lunch. I'm not big on sushi (I hate seaweed) but I gave it a go. They also had fish and caesar salad for weirdos like me who don't do sushi. I have learned that I love wasabi though.

Later in the day we got presented with certificates and had egg tarts and bubble tea. We're also being fed clues each day for a treasure hunt. $100 Amazon g/c is the prize. We each got to pick a random g/c as well..I got a $10 Indigo.

Are you a Teacher?

23 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm going to watch this on a loop until game time.

I will tell you that my favourite part of this is how he hops away like ..... "see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya". 

The hit was awesome but how he just left him in his dust was gold.

1 minute ago, The Aquaman said:

It’s almost time guys……..

IMG_1423.gif

IMG_1421.gif

IMG_1480.gifThe last GIF depends on the outcome of the game.

I strongly believe the last gif will belong to secret oilers fans on this forum after g1 😄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

My wife has to look away when I order the eel. 

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Sounds fun.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Oh Lord.

We got new neighbours a couple of months ago. They seem a little off/weird. They have about 37 kids and they're out there in the parking lot when I come home from work...like I have to dodge kids as I pull into the lot. No supervision ever (and there are a couple of real young ones in the mix).

Cool, my kids were young once and out there too. But I was out there with them and they weren't annoying af.

SOOOOOO.....I just went out to my car and the little bugger who never wants to move or stop taking basketball shots so I can enter the parking lot is in an Oilers jersey. Explains everything. 

I have to fix this...maybe using the hose.

GIT OFF MY LAWN

(kidding, I love kids, even misguided neglected Oiler kids)

image.gif.449b219a585f40b61ae5f7a6f403b8cc.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Don’t worry guys, I stole the Oilers players pets. 

steal - complete. 
cheat - on going.

kill- on going.

IMG_1550.gif

"Lose or you'll never see your sheep again..... Signed The Aquaman..."

• Haha 2

Are they lurking in here? SHAME on them.

They lurk then they lurch then they belch then they slink away.

But we see 'em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

I feel ya, all my friends, family and co-workers either Flames, Oilers and Lead fans…..it’s terrible.

Thankfully my son's time in Edmonton is almost up and he's coming back this summer. He told me spending two and a half years in that Wasteland made him appreciate our beautiful city even more. 🥰

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Thankfully my son's time in Edmonton is almost up and he's coming back this summer. He told me spending two and a half years in that Wasteland made him appreciate our beautiful city even more. 🥰

In Alberta we call Edmonton, Deadmonton.

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

I feel fortunate that all the ribbing between me and family/friends that are Oilers fans is as savage as possible (within reason) knowing that, between us, we’re all going to be cheering for whoever wins the series afterwards anyways. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Score first and often. Get the win however they can. Let's  goooooooo.

Hit first and hit often.