[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

Posted (edited)

I said I think Edmonton is the better team, but by no means does that mean I don’t think Vancouver can’t win the series. But three things have to happen. First, goaltending can’t lose us the game. Second, star players need to play like it. Third, special teams has to not let the Oilers PP torch us and we have to get some PP goals. We do all three of those things I like our chances a lot

Edited by whcanuck
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Sorry but Silov's not there yet. He played well last series because Nashville sucks offensively. 

No one said he’s there yet, he’s a young goalie who was forced into a difficult situation, and performed 1000x better than anyone expected him to. Throw the kid a bone 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Desmenko 1

Just now, The_Cherry said:

The guys won a playoff series…? 
And it’s still game 1, lots of hockey left 

Yes but this is just way too much pressure to put on Silovs at his age. I am just frustrated that Demko played amazing all year and cant even play games when they count the most.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

Frustrating that it should be 2-1 canucks.

3 soft goals

tied, maybe..........not much AS could have done on the third goal.  Thats a brutal deflection by Cole

1 minute ago, The_Cherry said:

No one said he’s there yet, he’s a young goalie who was forced into a difficult situation, and performed 1000x better than anyone expected him to. Throw the kid a bone 

Yea, we're trying to win these games. Not having experiments. 

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

That's not good if this team is depending on him to lead the way especially during playoff runs. 

He's one of our key offensive players.  Of course we would rely on him to contribute.  

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

People here complaining about in-arena chants because they have some impact on the players psyche are beyond absurd 

the reality is, when you're on the ice, you can varely hear anything..........mostly just a roar