[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

Just now, Coconuts said:

True that, be interesting to see how they respond in the third

at the very least they need to set the table for game 2

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Well if Calgary is dumb enough to trade Matthew Tkachuk for Huberdeau and then give him a ludicrous contract I’m confident Ottawa and their inept franchise would be dumb enough to jump on the opportunity to acquire Petey for Brady who more than likely wants out. 

Matthew Tkachuk wanted out, sorta screwed the Flames not that I'm complaining 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Miller and Boeser have been making moves. Hughes has been busy covering for Hronek and well, yeah Pettersson’s been worth about $3M a year so far this playoffs. 

Sadly this is our Petey this year. I have seen nothing from Petey the last three months that makes me feel confident he’s all of a sudden going to show up. He obviously has something mental going on that should scare management after signing him to that huge deal.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Pastafarian said:

I'm hoping for a hernia and a story that he is disgruntled so we will let him go to anyone who will take on his (insane) contract. We can find plenty enough for the 8 million freed up.

OMG 11 million.

12 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Miller having a rough night as well. Can't handle passes or pucks.

He's not exactly the best stick handler especially under pressure but at least he can carry the puck across the Blue Line unlike Boeser who Dumps & Runs and doesn't fall on every single play like EP40.  So out of the three of our star forwards he's #1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

cole was stellar vs the Preds.  Im thinking its unlikely all these negative things happen to him all at once again.   

I think Oilers are too fast for him. 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I thought we were the better team that period, Oil just getting timely goals

I am concerned about our special teams though 

We need better finishers on the wing, period. Mikheyevs and Sutters of the world just don't cut it. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Need to adjust to their speed. We're still in this!

Need the next one.

I’ll go out on a limb and say we need the next two.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Chaos giraffe killed Draisaitil??

Chaos needs to level him right out next shift he is back on the ice.

7 minutes ago, Dude said:

When was the last time Miller scored.christ I don't even remember.Unfortunately if the Miller line and Petey or lindholm line has to defend this whole series the team is screwed.If i build a team my third line is a pure checking line.Period.

Miller pretty much gift wraps 90% of our goals with great passes and crazy compete it seems, what is he supposed to score and assist every goal for the team? lol

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

He's not exactly the best stick handler especially under pressure but at least he can carry the puck across the Blue Line unlike Boeser who Dumps & Runs and doesn't fall on every single play like EP40.  So out of the three of our star forwards he's #1

Ya I guess all we can do right now is look at it that way with the way Petey is playing.

• Like 1