[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

We’re trying to counter Edmontons speed with some breakout passes that are just a bit beyond reach and we’ve been stung or lost possession at unnecessary times a few now. They’ll work out those kinks from the last round just hopefully sooner than later!

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

I think it's physical.  He doesn't get involved in physical play and can't release those Epic one timers like the first half of the year.     I'll bet $5 bucks we'll finally hear the truth about his injury at seasons end.

I agree there’s something physical going on. I watched enough of him carrying the Vaxjo Lakers to the SHL Championship to know that he has the capability to be a clutch playoff performer. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t nursing something fairly significant.

• Like 2

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think it’s crazy that it’s not more of a talking point. It’s just seems like it’s ok he has been a no show which suggests that he has an injury and that’s why they aren’t putting him in front of the media very often and why Tochett isn’t being hard on him.

I’m talking about it. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think it’s crazy that it’s not more of a talking point. It’s just seems like it’s ok he has been a no show which suggests that he has an injury and that’s why they aren’t putting him in front of the media very often and why Tochett isn’t being hard on him.

The injury excuses are weak. 

If any one of us got a pay raise and didn’t perform up to expectations, we’d get a talking to. Maybe even fired. Petey deserves all the criticism he’s receiving.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

I'm hoping for a hernia and a story that he is disgruntled so we will let him go to anyone who will take on his (insane) contract. We can find plenty enough for the 8 million freed up.

$11.6 million freed up.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Could it just be he's out of shape and fatigue has kicked in?

Remember EP at the start of the season? Seemed a little bulkier, a little more aggressive. Would not surprise me if two things: a) he has another lingering injury and when he is injured it seems to really affect him mentally,

b) he’s lost that bit of bulk and likely naturally lost a little weight over the course of the season and just isn’t the same player he was at the start and maybe loses some stamina over the course.

His confidence is quite affected by how much he expects of himself and when it’s not working it really shows. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

Any idea on Demko …. We play so much more confidently infront of him 

Word is game 5 at best and more likely 6 and 7 if need be. Hopefully that update improves.

Next game I go with Desmith he played incredible against the Coilers and has their #

Edited by MoneyMiller

Just now, Guntrix said:

The injury excuses are weak. 

If any one of us got a pay raise and didn’t perform up to expectations, we’d get a talking to. Maybe even fired. Petey deserves all the criticism he’s receiving.

I agree but the organization has always seemed protective almost to the point of babying him. I don’t like it. He will only get stronger with tough love.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Huggy's way tougher than Drysaitl.

^Insanity!!

Eyes wide open & wake-up, zebras!!

Please tell me that none of the usual suspects are working this game?!

Edited by viking mama

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Definitely not #1 either.

Demko is huge though and pucks just him him because of his size and positioning.

There's a reason why most of the goalies especially the best are massive guys.

Edited by MoneyMiller

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Fair, but I still think the “People’s Captain” should be having more impact.

He's having difficulty with the physicality. 

You can tell it's taking a toll on him. He's turning his back every time he's about to take a hit..

I cringe everytime.. I almost feel the hit my self..he's a tiny guy.. playoffs are hard for a guy especially his size..