[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

I see what you're saying. The things is, though, we can't match them in loose, free-wheeling offense either.  We do need to contain them and shut down their top two lines as much as possible. Hughes and Hronek should help in leading our transition game and getting on the forecheck quickly.

Agreed.  We definitely shouldn't get into a track meet with these guys but can't abandon our offensive game either.  Forecheck, cycle, play in their end. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5-4 Canucks, Hoglander with the winner, Pettersson with 3 points, Silovs cements his position as backup to Demko next year.

McDavid gets planted on his a$$ at least twice by Zadorov with good clean hits and looks to the referee pleadingly on both plays.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly this. There's also a reason why Bo was shipped out. Can't be nice and turn the other cheek. 

It's a fine line to walk and you have to know when it's necessary to pick your spots.

Totally.  I don't think anyone is advocating going into a scrum and punching people in the face.  But man, stand your ground and above all else, be there for your teammates!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Hope Petey's feeling a lot better today, the team need him. Going to the game tonight, excited and nervous. Game 1 sets the tone, need to put the pressure on the Oilers, get them floundering and frustrated.  Go Canucks Go!  

Enjoy amigo... 🍺

• Thanks 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Totally.  I don't think anyone is advocating going into a scrum and punching people in the face.  But man, stand your ground and above all else, be there for your teammates!

Yep. Need to set that tone upfront and keep setting it. Even at the risk of taking one for the team. Can't roll over but also be smart and reign in retaliation.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I think it will be Lindholm honestly. That frees up JT to drive offense of the 1st line. This is really where the Lindholm signing should pay off.

Nah I dunno about that. Miller was on McD all season wasn't he ? He was training for this. 

Lindholm should try and get some goals. He's not intense enough for McD

3 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Nothing pisses of opposition more than slowly skating away and smiling. Not saying a word and facing them.

maybe lick them first? lol

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Now could you just imagine what kind of tone would be set if Miller just skated away from this after being cross checked in the head by mcdavid?  lets not kid ourselves, it would light a huge fire under the Oilers.

Exactly the tone that needed to be set. Even PDG came to his defense. No backing down.

Huge culture change from the days of trying to be nice guys, thinking that will win us anything.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Nothing pisses of opposition more than slowly skating away and smiling. Not saying a word and facing them.

100%........there are few things more frustrating than that.  The Oilers are going to use every trick in the book to goad Van into taking undisciplined penalties to get their PP on the ice or even go 4v4.  

Kane and Perry will lose their minds if Van just skates away and laughs at them.  That's how you turn the tables and control the emotion of the series.  

Trying to prove something is a recipe for disaster imo.

9 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

That kinda only works when you're leading.  If you do that when you're losing, pretty sure the joke would be on us lol

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I like how Sim actually never said that he'd fly the Soilers flag above city hall.

Exactly! He said he would do the same as EDM (fly the Canucks flag) lol 

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I love how when Miller shoves McDingleberry, he flies back a couple of feet and stood a split second aghast and then shoves Miller who doesn't move an inch. 

• Cheers 3