[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oh are they doing both? Indoor and outdoor?

I haven't seen any confirmation but that is what I assumed they were doing. guess we will see after game 2 if they sell tickets for Rogers Arena viewing party .

outdoor viewing would be for home and away games I would think.

they haven’t exactly been clear on all of this, maybe on purpose to avoid larger crowds? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

He just ripped the Shit outta the Canucks 2 days ago. 

Oh I saw it, quite laughable.

I still find it comical how many people believe the Canucks are the underdogs or that Edmonton is magically the superior club. A lot of people have not been paying attention.

• Vintage 1

I like our chances here if we play our game coupled with the fact that we're considered the "underdogs" to add a little more fuel to the fire. I agree the regular season is different from the playoffs, but I'm sure the team has a different level of confidence going against an Oilers team they beat 4/4 compared to if they went against a Kings team we struggled against.

Excited for the team to play their game and prove all the doubters and haters wrong again for the 100th time.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, tas said:

i want to watch the canucks absolutely grind them into the dirt. I want to see mcdavid and draisaitl beaking at the refs and kane taking bonehead penalties. 

Composure and discipline will be huge. Having veteran players like Cole, Myers, and Zadorov on the team will help the younger players follow a method of reaction. The age old adage of never let anyone goad you into a fight rings true. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Oh I saw it, quite laughable.

That's just it. Fans here need to stop letting such extraneous noise burrow its way into their psyche. Not worth it.

• Cheers 1

In our history we never do things the easy way, but new year. I see us coming out hard tonight with that big shexy silovs energy and getting a big win. We then back it up and take game 2. Then we steal game 4 in oilerland and take it in 5.

Why the hell not. Screw 'em this is our time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Composure and discipline will be huge. Having veteran players like Cole, Myers, and Zadorov on the team will help the younger players follow a method of reaction. The age old adage of never let anyone goad you into a fight rings true. 

Exactly, we need to be heavy but clean. Let them start to come unglued and then light up the scoreboard and chase Skinner from the net.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

That's a sure way to lose the series 

Yup, the idea that if Daniel punched Marchand in the face we win the Cup is naive and silly. They beat us by scoring more.

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Elias Lindholm - Oiler Killer

Would be even better since he came to us from the Flames; a double whamy for all the oilers Homers.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, the idea that if Daniel punched Marchand in the face we win the Cup is naive and silly. They beat us by scoring more.

Yep; Daniel would have gotten a penalty, and Boston scored on PP. People have to remember; Canucks had the best PP in the NHL that year....it was our best player! Daniel and co didn't react BECAUSE THEY WANTED A PP! In the end, the officiating skewed to Boston, we lost key contributors on blueline (injury and League BS), and we were done.

That is why this series is so interesting. Edm is like the 2011 Canucks; they NEED PPs to be able to win. IF the refs put there whistles away, Canucks win...if they call all the phantom stuff...yikes!

i really wish we were wearing the Black skate jersey in the playoffs...Orca bay for the road and hopefully full time skate next year and finally get rid of the orca bay ties to the team. That era sucked and I refuse to pay for any Canuck merchandise with that logo on it. 

Flying skate Canuck fan for life, I do like the blue and green and just use the original stick in rink as our 3rd jersey or instead of the effin orca bay logo!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

And our PP failing when they’d been tops during the regular season 

Edited by NucksFan