[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

Three keys to continue on 

-our strong defensive play in the neutral zone. This is the primary reason for our success a a them and particularly their top players who need to build speed through it 

-Physical play 

-Stay out of the box 

The Oilers were already the team with all the pressure on them this series, and now that they have lost game 1 in humiliating fashion after getting dominated in the regular season series the pressure on the Oilers is going to be absolutely immense now. 

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, TortorellasRant said:

Dude was a PPG in 2020; but we have no clue what the hell his problem is this time. I seriously hope there's some legitimate reason for why he seems out of it because there's no excuse at this point for being useless; eventually it will truly cost us

He's a great regular season player... After that? Ummm.. not so much..

I'd rather have another JTM type player, imo signing him for that kind of money without seeing him play when the chips are down was a huge mistake that we're going to pay for, a long time! 

I'd have rather got another very good BIG center (not elite) and a same type of Dman, BIG, really good, not super elite just really good for that kind of money would have been a.much better move.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oilers PR are saying Draisaitl's injury is 'cramping'... but I don't buy it.

I think its his ankle again... the way he lost his edges on a mild cut tells me he has no strength.

Too bad for him, he's a great player... but obviously good for Vancouver.

And the Canucks will have no mercy... they will hit him till he collapses.

That's hockey.  😉

Edited by -Buzzsaw-

1 minute ago, CaribouCanuck said:

The Oilers were already the team with all the pressure on them this series, and now that they have lost game 1 in humiliating fashion after getting dominated in the regular season series the pressure on the Oilers is going to be absolutely immense now. 

It's all gravy from now on to the SCF. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I still think its a back/shoulder/or ribs injury.

He has no power in his legs. He has no power in his shot (which is why he passes), and when he does shoot it's mostly off the mark.

But who knows. What's important he's gets his head or body fixed in the offseason. Trains like a fiend on his legs, and his core, and works on getting his timing and shot back.

If he's healthy and he's struggling 6 weeks in. Then you have a real problem.

Definitely, i thought he looked a bit like he did when he had that wrist injury but you're right about that. His shot has lost its velocity and accuracy and he has passed off grade A chances.

That 2 on 1 vs Saros in round 1 game 5 was very telling. Healthy Pettersson snipes that like he sniped his first nhl goal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Oilers PR are saying Draisaitl's injury is 'cramping'... but I don't buy it.

I think its his ankle again... the way he lost his edges on a mild cut tells me he has no strength.

Too bad for him, he's a great player... but obviously good for Vancouver.

And the Canucks will have no mercy... they will hit him till he collapses.

That's hockey.  😉

The cramping makes sense though as you could clearly see him tell the trainer it was his back