[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

Posted (edited)

WOW - Not much else needs to be said but very happy they came back and took game 1

Hope the players rest up tonight - then start planning tomorrow for a much more physical +  tighter checking battle in game 2.

I would also like to see Mik and Petey score a few goals soon as we will need their contributions in this series. 

Great back-check by Petey on McD  on that possible break away though.  Enjoy the rest of night everyone!

justwin.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

1 hour ago, canuckx said:

Petey really need to get in to this war.

LFG!

GO CANUCKS GO!!

I honestly think petey wanted to sign end of season. Wanted to see how he performs in the playoffs. Canucks jump the gun and over priced him. He would of settle for 7.5.  But gotta sign those x flames. They are beast in the playoffs hronek trade him for San Jose's first. He can be there next Carlson (sp)

We shouldn't kid ourselves the series is over.

I think the Oilers will come back really hard next game... especially McDavid... he didn't have much of a game.

But assuming we learned something from the first and 2nd periods of this game, and don't give them a handicap of 3 goals, we should be ok.

I am more worried about the Edmonton games, the crowd and the change advantages will give them the opportunity to come back.

I am still predicting 7 games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

I really hope they bring Podz back now since Abby Canucks are done. Not only he can't do any worse than Hoglander and Mikheyev, Podz will bring more physicality and board battle wins to Petey line.

We don't want to break up Miller line or Lindholm line, and the 4th line is just a filler. Want to get Petey going? Podz is the best option right now.

Why break up a good thing.

Blue PDG Laff play safe low event hockey and forecheck hard, what else do you want from your 4th.

Mik Pete and Hog will get going. Patience. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Papa Sawce said:

I don’t post much on here but man, i am so proud of how I handled that game as a fan, not once did i waiver, the flow of the game was canucks favour from 2nd period on! Even with those two quick goals i felt we just needed one and we got one then 3 more!!! Let’s go im fired up

Thats the secret!

Don’t be a nay-sayer or complainer!  Any player upon this  Canucks’ roster at play-off time is like family to us! We don’t dump on them, or whine that they aren’t scorin’ enough! We keep having  faith in them, demonstrate our loyalty, cheer for them & BELIEVE!  

Our collective & positive mental-energies unite to do great things! What if each of us has the early inklings of Jean Grey’s power? Pre-mutant, let’s say? The potential of X-men? If only a handful of us project such power,…that’s still 7th man energy-gold! Woo-hoo! Wink! 

These players feel it, respond to it & activate! 

Don’t stop believin’ Canucks-fans! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mikey said:

I honestly think petey wanted to sign end of season. Wanted to see how he performs in the playoffs. Canucks jump the gun and over priced him. He would of settle for 7.5.  But gotta sign those x flames. They are beast in the playoffs hronek trade him for San Jose's first. He can be there next Carlson (sp)

No he wouldn't sign for 7.5... no agent in the league would allow their client to sign for that amount when the client has put up 102 points.

The best the Canucks could hope for was high 10's or low 11's... but to do that they would have needed to drag it out into the summer and risk losing him to free agency.

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Wouldn't be the first time; he got suspended in 2014 for discriminatory slurs during a game.  That organization doesn't have a single respectable individual in it.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Metal Face Doom said:

God I hate the Oilers.  Suckas stay suckas.

McDooDoo postgame: "They were really lucky, those goals were weird, etc..

Zadorov 94 MILES per hour Slapshot scores, weird eh?  There were 4 players in front blocking Skinner's view, and none of them were Canucks!  Odd you say Connie?

Garland's fake slapshot (that he doesn't have anyway) leaves their goalie floundering like a, well, like a flounder,🐡 and costs them the game.. lucky eh?

"Yeah it was so weird, we're so good, and I'm so wonderful, its really weird and odd we lost, (pout, pout), and I'm the Captain and the Best Player in the World.. so how come Dakota Joshua (3pts), Elias Lindholm (2pts), Carson Soucy (2pts), and Nikita Zadorov (2pts) outscored you, Connie McDooDoo?  Um, McMeOnly, only had 1 assist.. that is so odd.

Bonus: Stuart Skinner postgame:  "I really think their 5th goal gave them momentum.. (after he let in 4 unanswered goals to cost his 'team' the game) yeah they had momentum after that you screwhead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3