[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

25 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Just made the easiest $1,000 in my life lol - my poker buddy from Edmonton bet me 2 days ago that Oilers will sweep Canucks. $1000, even money lol. Oh, how he was gloating after 4th Oiler goal 🙂 

Does that mean your buying the next round for everyone here?

• ThereItIs 2

8 minutes ago, 1-d said:

I really hope they bring Podz back now since Abby Canucks are done. Not only he can't do any worse than Hoglander and Mikheyev, Podz will bring more physicality and board battle wins to Petey line.

We don't want to break up Miller line or Lindholm line, and the 4th line is just a filler. Want to get Petey going? Podz is the best option right now.

Just throwing this out there - Podz - good choice to bring in - what is the feeling about Aatu Raty and is he anywhere close to contributing at NHL level since was pretty good in Abby?

18 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Take the highroad… There’s no need for a witchhunt I’m sure he feels really ashamed of himself that should be enough… retribution is an ugly road to walk down…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Was at the game, what an amazing atmosphere. I think I'll remember this one for a long time.

And once again, a reminder we didn't lose the lindholm trade. Our former flames were killing it today. 

I was one of the biggest critics of the Lindholm trade and I'll stand by my word. I was wrong about the trade - and I'm so happy about it. Lindholm WAS worth the trade, even if he walks. Two big big goals in these playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Take the highroad… There’s no need for a witchhunt I’m sure he feels really ashamed of himself that should be enough… retribution is an ugly road to walk down…

They're called consequences.

Why are people so afraid of consequences for fucking up like this (supposedly)? I don't know the situation and can't say this situation actually happened or not, so I'm neutral. But that's a shitty thing to do.

Edited by PureQuickness
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PureQuickness said:

They're called consequences.

Why are people so afraid of consequences for fucking up like this (supposedly)? I don't know the situation and can't say this situation actually happened or not, so I'm neutral. But that's a shitty thing to do.

There was a time when people overlooked offences and I think that’s a much wiser approach… Today’s culture are so hyper sensitive it’s ridiculous

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I am Peteys biggest critic but I thought he was awesome tonight.  He was strong on the puck, seeing the play well, and if Hoglander wasn’t having such an ugly time seeing the play, Petey could have had several goals.  I think this is his best game in months.  Only player who didn’t show up tonight was Cole, and Silovs was rough, but the rest of the squad was awesome

The best offense is a great defense! Defense won us the game.  Predators was a blessing in disguise. That series helped us learn how to defend, wait out there mistakes and pounce!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iceman1964 said:

Yeah he's killing it for over 7 mil.. oh yeah that's change!  Season play means nothing if you can't pitch in when the chips are down. 🙂

What are you even talking about? At 7 mill he has been doing fine. He has the potential to be more productive, which is why it’s frustrating at times, but he has improved in almost all other facets of the game. He will be fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

There's nothing hypersensitive about criticizing a supposed racist gesture (Not sure if that's what ACTUALLY happened. We need more information before we accuse Coffey)

I'm NOT for cancel culture. I just think it's a little ironic that a certain demographic of people would be making excuses to defend shitty behaviour, while clammering about being "tough on crime".

Hate speech IS NOT allowed under our Constitution. If Coffey did what he did, he would most likely lose his job. Hate the result? Don't do shitty things like this and you won't face the 

Returning evil with kindness is a stronger approach to dealing with the evil

13 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Fuck that. If he said something inappropriate he should be reprimanded by the league and apologize. Players and coaches have had to answer for much less than potentially blatant racism. There’s no witch hunt when the evidence presents itself clear as day. 

• Upvote 1

There's nothing hypersensitive about making a racist gesture.

I'm NOT for cancel culture. I just think it's a little ironic that people would be making excuses to defend shitty behaviour, while also clammering about "tough on crime".

Hate speech IS NOT allowed under our Constitution.

Racism has absolutely no place in the sport.  Sickening to see our own fans making excuses for this kind of behavior.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

Fuck that. If he said something inappropriate he should be reprimanded by the league and apologize. Players and coaches have had to answer for much less than potentially blatant racism. There’s no witch hunt when the evidence presents itself clear as day. 

If this is true, it goes beyond a reprimand.  Ban for the rest of playoffs should be the absolute minimum.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1