[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That’s the problem tho. It sells so of course he’s just gonna bush it up some more. 

What’s the saying on here?

”Don’t feed the trolls”?

He just said all that crap about us fans to boost his ratings and increase traffic to his online content. The more people reach out to him and respond to him the more he wins/earns money.

We’re honestly the perfect fan base to bait into his kinda bull shit.

I pay no mind to him, that way he gets no money from me.

let him get his publicity, he's permanently ruining himself in the vancouver market.

hope he doesn't ever have to come to town because he won't be able to get a sanitary meal. 

• Haha 1

The only thing that would've made yesterday perfect was hearing Shorty make the comeback call.

HNIC, ESPN, TNT, and sportsnet french radio do not convey any level of enthusiasm of the spectacular comeback. So monotone and almost disappointed that we did. Shorty is a beauty, miss his calls already. He made round 1 magical to listen to. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

just how long before McD DEMANDS that the team get a legitimate number 1 goalie or he'll walk?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Petey had an excellent defensive game last night.  His best game of the playoffs imho.  I realize hes in a goal scoring funk but he needs wingers that can make this pass to him.  Love what hogs has done this year but he looks like hes in over his head in these playoffs.  The experience will come and he will improve..

Yeah that offensive read by Hoglander was terrible.  A quick backhand pass and Petey is 1 on 1 with the goalie.  Instead, he buttonhooks and turns back and now everyone is back into position. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, grumpyone said:

just how long before McD DEMANDS that the team get a legitimate number 1 goalie or he'll walk?

He probably demands a trade to an NHL team after this series.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Gnite everyone. 

Up at 3am. 

Wish me luck. 

Welcome to our life on the other side of the Atlantic Shooter ... 3am rise and shine, if you want Canucks hockey live...

But damn that was worth it all... What - a - game..... 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He probably demands a trade to an NHL team after this series.

well, word on the street is that his buddy Drai has already demanded a trade to Boston... 

I feel like a fake fan cause I have this thing if I watch and they start losing i will look away, do something else or whatever and they start winning. Been this way for years.

Last night and the night in Nashville I turned off the game, and said "I'm bad luck" it was almost a minute later they scored (I was just score watching after) ive missed the best parts but also feel like my turning the game off was the reason (even though in reality I know its all shit I just can't help it). Whatever the case ill cheer from the distance if we keep winning. Thats what replay is for right?

Go canucks!:towel:

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I said that about his interview to my wife last night. Actually my exact words were:

“Just fucking cry already.”

Nylander calls McDavid. "Dude, this isn't junior, stop crying...."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

marner and rielly for mcdavid.

Petey and his linemates will feast next game. Once they get that 1st goal it will be a windfall for them. They had some good chances this game, this is the best that line has looked these playoffs. I wouldnt change up the lines as the other 3 lines have jelled nicely. The PP will also get going next game then it's lights out. 

6 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yeah I noticed that two sitting on the bench he looked really unhappy and out of place… 

As I’m thinking about this and writing about this I’m wondering why I care so much about this team - it’s kind of an obsession - I don’t know if it’s healthy or not…  

You dont chose obsession.It picks you

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't use the Tweety, I just see what folks post here.

Looney Tunes Oh Snap GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Looney Tunes Loop GIF

Yup, it's rubbish. I just see what's posted here. Sometimes I'll get caught up reading some comments there, just a cesspool of crap.

• ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Arty will be back to form next game. Just had some jitters is all. It’s sinking in that he’s in net for pretty much all of round 2. By the 3rd period he seemed to be adjusted and back in the groove. 

Silovs only faced 4 shots in the second and 4 shots in the third and not one from McDavid all night. Jury’ s out on whether he’s adjusted or not. I hope so and have confidence in him. Can’t fault him on some of those goals. 

7 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Where did he struggle? Goal 1, defensive breakdown by Cole leaving a 50-goal scorer by himself at thd side of the net, and taking NOBODY, not even Demko stops that. Goal 2, completely screened and guessed wrong, maybe overcommitted to the blocker side, something DeSmith does often. Goal 3, scored buy Cole, who had a really rough first two periods. Goal 4, trajectory changed by Myers stick check, based on blade angle it was labeled far side, which was where Selovs was looking, but the stick check took the pace off the puck and it squeaked 5-hole. He did look a little nervous at times, but he played great down the stretch, and made a couple of amazing saves, that toe save goes in on DeSmith because he's shorter. You ride Silovs until he turns in a stinker or Demko is fully healthy. Do you think if Demko was in Goal and the game went the same way that Tocchet starts DeSmith in game 2? No way. Silovs is now your starter, period. 

Okay it wasn’t a strong game for Silovs I don’t even understand the argument to be honest.

goal 1 was tough that is what it is.

the rest of the Goals he had a chance to save. His save percentage was terrible and none of goal 2-4 were really high danger chances.

And late game he wasn’t Tracking the puck well. Hopkins almost scored and Silovs was in butterfly looking to the corner not even aware of where the puck was. 

and when they had the extra attacker a cross pass went under his pad through the crease.

our defence was bearing down and trying to suffocate Edmonton into getting no more chances knowing Silovs wasn’t having a great game.

i think Silovs starts game 2? I don’t understand your response in regards to the goalies starting.

And I think if it is similar in performance to game 1 I wouldn’t be shocked to see Desmith game 3.

I bet he rebounds though and looks better Friday. And I think Skinner will be better too.

my opinion.

i don’t understand the demko comparison either. Demko has a much larger body of work, and demko is an elite. Vezina finalist level goal tender. 

Silovs is young and learning. He’s capable but he’s not a sure thing. And last night was his worst start so far in the playoffs and we still won because our defence locked it down after the 4th goal.