[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I wonder, with Draisaitl's back issues, he was in some discomfort on the bench, could it be from the Zads cross-check in the back earlier? If Drai's back is hurting, this is good news for the Canucks.

Unfortunate as it is for everyone involved, if the Coffey rumour is true, it could be a distraction for the Oilers. If the Kane "angry stomp out" is true, then this will also be an issue in the Oilers room. No shots for McDavid in Game 1, a hurting Draisaitl. Turmoil in Edmonton.

What’s the Coffey rumour?

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Doesn't it mean you will make more money betting on Nux then? 

Yes if you bet $1000 the Canucks win the series right now.  You would get $2200 back.  $1200 profit.  

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And guys like Brock in the dying seconds, he's blocking shots. They understand what it takes to win.

I have been really imressed with him, he really responded to the new coaches and embraced the way he NEEDS to play. 

This is one of the key reasons why he is still in the playoffs and Marner and Co. are not. :classic_biggrin:

Skilled players need MORE when the REAL SEASON begins.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

What’s the Coffey rumour?

Apparently he made a racist gesture to a Canucks fan. It was posted earlier in the thread. Not sure if it's true.

Canucks did exactly what Id hoped theyd do-smothered and frustrated the Oil.  I mean holding McDavid to 0 shots is freaking awesome.  And if they hurt Draisaitl……

• Upvote 1

Just now, Canuck You said:

When Skinner was gettin' eye-drops put in I sarcastically said...Yeah, The guy cant see shit...and Whaddayaknow!

i kinda feel bad for edmonton fans

theyve had the easiest cheatcode to win the cup

Jim Benning could have put together a winning team for them

they had SO many options this offseason and even at the trade deadline

instead they spent their assets and cap space on: forwards like Henrique, buttplugs like Perry, and barrels of toxic waste like Kane

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's opposite isn't it? The worse we do the better their pick.

I think the Calgary maybe has more to do with mutually hating Edmonton. Either way I agree, I think we have a pretty likable and respectable team.

Normally yes, but we sent them a conditional 4th round pick that gets upgraded to a 3rd rounder if we make the conference finals.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And guys like Brock in the dying seconds, he's blocking shots. They understand what it takes to win.

Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of Brock's game, but that was a helluva block

Living in Southern states is awful. I don't get to see Canadian broadcasts. 

Cassie Campbell after Joshua's goal called him, "Dakota Johnson." 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

from the edmonton journal:

"Suddenly it’s fair to ask if maybe the Canucks didn’t post those early wins because the Oilers were in a funk during the first 11 games of the season, but maybe the Oilers were in a funk during the first 11 games of the season because they kept playing the Canucks."

it took them all season, but they've finally started to figure out the writing on the wall. I've been saying it for 6 months. 

been saying the same thing too....those first two beatings of the season set them into a tail spin that took them weeks to recover and got their coach fired.  The excuse is "well Knoblauch wasnt the coach then" but this ignores they were a 109 point team under woodcroft.  

Posted (edited)

Live Edmonton chat on YouTube, those people are so delusional. I may or may not have said… ‘ you are so pompous, nothing to be pompous about, you live in Edmonton’ .

was I wrong, should I go back and say sorry?😂

Edited by Jigsaw
  • Thanks 1