[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

11 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Normally yes, but we sent them a conditional 4th round pick that gets upgraded to a 3rd rounder if we make the conference finals.

Aha, so their first may drop from like 26 to 29 but their fourth becomes a third.

🍺

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Live Edmonton chat on YouTube, those people are so delusional. I may or may not have said… ‘ you are so pompous, nothing to be pompous about, you live in Edmonton’ .

was I wrong, should I go back and say sorry?😂

You ain't wrong.  The best place in Edmonton is the departures section of the airport because then at least you're getting out of that shithole.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

let him get his publicity, he's permanently ruining himself in the vancouver market.

hope he doesn't ever have to come to town because he won't be able to get a sanitary meal. 

He can stick to all those amazing restaurants in Edmonton…😏

2 hours ago, DixonWard said:

My take:

Silovs did not struggle, had no chance on first 3 and 4th was 50-50.  Cole had a bad 1st half but was fine after that.  Petersson had his best game of the playoffs, but needs his wingers to do more.  Our D is better than theirs.  Our coaching staff is better than theirs.  Our 3rd string goalie is at least as good as their no. 1. Bluegar is a really good player who is getting ignored on the 4th line but he does a lot of very good things on pk and defensively. Suter looks like he is finally starting to get a groove with BB and JT. 

I barely noticed Perry, Kane, or McDavid for most of the game.  Our team defense made them disappear. 

Go Canucks Go!

silovs definitely did struggle

he was not square to a lot of shots, and his rebound control was pretty bad

i dont think its a cause for concern though

its to be expected given how much info hes taking in on the fly from ian clark

if he can get us one more win theres a decent shot Demko comes back by a game 5/game 6 and the oilers are then well and truly fked

38 minutes ago, Sativika said:

Yay! 3 more wins and on to the next round. You can do it!

Go Canuck Go!!!!!

:towel::towel::towel::towel:

:towel::towel::towel::towel:

I agree, and Cheers!  But..

Let's go back to Eating These Elephants One Bite at a Time.

Mmm, num, num, tastes great eh Dak?

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/mcdavid-will-never-win-a-cup-with-oilers-nhl-fans-react-to-edmonton-oilers-squandering-4-1-lead-to-lose-game-1-against-vancouver-canucks/ar-BB1m53eu?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=52645163045c407dbf012a7c18498897&ei=12

"McDavid will never win a cup with Oilers": NHL fans react to Edmonton Oilers squandering 4-1 lead to lose Game 1 against Vancouver Canucks

Fan reaction:

"McDavid will never win a cup playing with the Oilers."

Another fan with the same sentiments chimed in:

"Connor McDavid is never winning a Cup on this team"

One fan expressed disappointment with some of the Edmonton Oilers players' performance:

"Skinner can't outplay a third string rookie, 15 SOG all game, Nurse & Ceci on for four goals against, 4-1 lead blown, we are so cooked"

connor2.gif

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

Silovs only faced 4 shots in the second and 4 shots in the third and not one from McDavid all night. Jury’ s out on whether he’s adjusted or not. I hope so and have confidence in him. Can’t fault him on some of those goals. 

If you look beyond the shots his game was better in my opinion. Better positioning, stopped getting off track and losing the crease, looked more poised and calmer in net. 

Definitely can’t fault him on every goal. But his first 2 periods were not great. Good bounce back in the 3rd.

This whole team has done that this year. Everyone has had their bad moments. But whether it’s next period or next game the guys make up for their mistakes and keep trucking. Awesome to see this kind of team resilience. 

They’ve definitely bent under pressure but haven’t broke and so many nights now through this entire season they have found ways to come back and win ugly games.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Apparently he made a racist gesture to a Canucks fan. It was posted earlier in the thread. Not sure if it's true.

I highly doubt that. Probably something misinterpreted.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Re: pic above: Good - Evil - Clown - Alumni!

Edit: added TV inset: Ok - Downright Dotty (aka Kelly Hrududu - from Watership Down)

Hrududu:

An onomatopoeic term that refers to any motor vehicle. A tractor, car, or any motor-vehicle (plural: Hrududil) heard by rabbits in the novel.

Like Hyzenthlay: Literally, "Shine-Dew-Fur"—fur shining like dew. The name of a doe.

So "Downright Dotty" aka "Kelly Hrududu" perspiring sweat and hair goo down his face comes in at "Hyzenthlay Head" or "Shine Do For Head" aka trading a 'massage' up to a 'happy ending'.

Edited by Goal_thecup
Oh, so many additions..

That was the best possible outcome. The Canucks are definitely in their heads now. 
They got up 3 goals that felt like they had the game in the bag. Then we score 4 unanswered goals and completely bewilder them. Draisaitl is hurting. McDavid was shot less. The Canucks scorers are feeling good. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Some panelistees were dignified and pleasant in victory; some were duckin' and whinin' and making excuses and you know who they were, the usual scum-suckers.

I'd don't know how to post that for you and am only on page 7 of this Incredible PGT, but maybe Incognito Vintage will help you out.

****** WARNING!!  Long post follows which could also be offensive to some people who do not love Vancouver's Island.

Cheers Spook, how's Spyin' in the UK of GB today?  Caught any Ruskies?

Sunny and warm here on Vancouver's Island. (Original name of this rock honoring the original Captain Vancouver.)

British Columbia and Vancouver's Island 1840-1867

Resources

Resources

British Columbia and Vancouver's Island had a lot of Natural Resources. This includes lead, zinc, gold, silver, molybdenum, copper and iron. These Natural Resources were found by mining. The mining of coal and gold were both mined before the gold rushed started. Copper, lead and zinc were mined too. When the gold rushed started, metal and minerals, and coal were mined and are still mined today.

In 1840- 1867, the population of British Columbia and Vancouver's Island was around 40,000 to 50,000 people. Nearly all of these people were aboriginals. The first Europeans had come to the area in the late 18th and 19th centuries. In these colonies, until the gold rush of 1850, fur trading had been really popular. It was not until 1849 that Britain formally established Vancouver's Island in order to stay in power of the west. There were only a little amount o British settlers at the time living in the colonies, most of them working for Hudson Bay Company.

Governors

The colony of Vancouver's Island was ruled by a governor, with the help of an appointed council and an elected assembly. After British Columbia was established, the two colonies shared a governor. But the mainland was ruled by decree, rather than with the help of a council.  In other words (mine), We Ruled!

The names of the governors were Arthur Kennedy (Vancouver's Island), Frederick Seymour (British Columbia), and Amor De Cosmos and John Robson who were both newspaper publishers, which then returned to politics.

When Canada and the maritime provinces were negotiating Confederation in the mid 1860's , British Columbia and Vancouver's Island were attempting a Union of their own. Some people argued that the two colonies should each be reorganized into a federal union with responsible government institutions , similar to Charlottetown and Quebec.

(Yeah sure; how well did that turn out?-me)  Instead, the two Colonies were combined into one.(Shame, shame.) The union of British Columbia and Vancouver's Island was made official in 1866. Due to the proximity to the mainland, it was a good idea for them to Unite. (Thought nobody who actually lived here except the rulers).

Personally, I think it was NOT a good idea to be subjected to all of the mainland's wishes and the Canadian Federation and HNIC; and the federation did not keep all their promises to The Island.  We should have kept The Republic of Vancouver Island as a separate country off the coast of the USA and Kanata (which meant village and which the colonists misinterpreted to be what the natives called home), much like the UK is off the coast of mainland Europe, but then I was born here so I am extremely biased.  And, the last BC team to Win The Stanley Cup was VI's Own Victoria Cougars (now carrying their name in Prince George) in 1924-25 - 100 years ago (almost).

Plus, the coolest flag ever:

image.png.be2be7f60c844a1e4681893caa470812.png

Please note that the beaver, the pharmacists' logo, the bud pinecone, and The God of the Sea's Trident from then, now subtlety implies:

Wait for it,

The Sea God's Island of Sex, and Drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll! - Ian Drury & The Blockheads.

GO CANUCKS GO! - from The Rock

Magic story lol :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:.

Cheers amigo... All good here in Aberdeen, where we almost have a heat wave at 19 deg C. 

And no, the only Ruskies I meet, are onboard vessel, and very polite towards me... 🙂 And they like Vodka too much to be spies... 

Vancouver Island is a beautiful place and really nice... Was on a ship in Esquimalt for about 3-4 weeks at the Naval base... Enjoyed Victoria so yeah, maybe you'd been better off staying as a republic 🤣🤣...

Thanks for the update... I'm also slowly working my way through all the pages (page 21) and enjoying every single one of them. 

Its been a long time since I've been happy after a game, and sitting here at 6am, not being able to see all the muppet try to weasel themselves out of the corners they've put themselves into was almost an anticlimax... 

But it was all so good, and we abroad are lucky so many of the loyal posters, posts as much as they can about after hours, after game interviews etc...

Just hope we will be able to follow the cup lifting, when we win it, and the tv channels doesn't switch over to Shinty, or Gaelic football or whatever 😂

NHL TV stops 1-2 min after final whistle, and that's that....

Anyway, take care @Goal_thecup, and all the rest of you fabulous supporters, who could be bothered reading this, and to those who brings us all the twitter updates etc.... Thank you all 🙂

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

I just want to know where everyone is that thought Toffoli and Mknahan were better acquisitions....lol.   

Let's keep working towards Colorado. 

I do think a VAN-COL conference final would be amazing hockey. Hughes vs Makar. MacKinnon vs Miller. Demko vs Georgiev?

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

If you look beyond the shots his game was better in my opinion. Better positioning, stopped getting off track and losing the crease, looked more poised and calmer in net. 

Definitely can’t fault him on every goal. But his first 2 periods were not great. Good bounce back in the 3rd.

This whole team has done that this year. Everyone has had their bad moments. But whether it’s next period or next game the guys make up for their mistakes and keep trucking. Awesome to see this kind of team resilience. 

They’ve definitely bent under pressure but haven’t broke and so many nights now through this entire season they have found ways to come back and win ugly games.

Again, I just chalk it up to adrenaline.  When you overplay picks like that, that's usually the cause.  Like Drmko, he's a very controlled, fundamentally positional goalie .......you rarely see him sliding across the crease the way he was last night 

Hrs got that one under his belt, I expect more control from him on Friday

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1