[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

41 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I think any fan should be pissed that he has 3 playoff points . It will lead to losses down the road. He's supposed to be our top gun.

Team game,one player on a team never wins.

Just now, coolboarder said:

Just a waste of their focus on certain player.  They need defense and goaltender and they have focused on players like this.  Talk about priority.  

just unbelievable levels of stupidity. 

even the zach hyman signing. i know he scored 50 goals but they could have put ANY finisher next to mcdavid. there was no need to overpay for maple leaf castoffs. 

edmonton fans know this as well, i peeked a their board and they're evicerating management for such shitty roster construction

also fking hilarious that they committed 5m per year to jack campbell 

27 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah me too. I'm like what the F#*k is with these assassins. I feel like they're hiding in the trees when I go out on the deck for a puff, or in the backseat of my car on the way to the gym, just whispering "claaaaaaaim your giiiiiiiiiiiiiiift .... now ... or you'll regrrrrrrrrrrret it"

Yeah. 

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

Maybe he thought it was 5-on-5, and coasting in the middle was just fine. :classic_biggrin:

He's literally always looking for a breakout pass. Doesn't give a shit about the defensive side of the game, hence the lack of winning. 

18 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

DeSmith looks happy back in his backup role.  Guy's a team player for sure.

And it is possible that injury he had a while back is keeping him down the lineup (and of course She Loves is playing so very well).

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Last game I listened to on 650 Sat was laughing at the notion of Silovs becoming a starter down the playoffs if Demko did get reinjured. Crazy how it actually happened. Silovs over Desmith. I'd say you give Arty another chance at home here. It's unbelievable both our goalies are giving us more than a chance while Demko is out. We're mounting comebacks and winning 1-0, 2-1 games it's insane!! A lot of this run now belongs to our 23 yr old rookie Goalie! 

That's the kind of thing that keeps me turning them off whenever I suck it up and try and enjoy the Old Donny Taylor. 

He also used to insist that this type of show only needed one 'host'. 

I hate the crappy banter/get the clicks schtick sports talk radio has devolved into. 

Much as I did not like some one-host hosts (the Moj, McRae, etc., those shows were far superior to what we are being 'forced' to listen to now. 

And now we get to see their ugly mugs too; doubly 'doodoo'-y. 

Those modern podcast things are bloody awful too. 

Some jerk thinking they know everything and babbling on with no real content or value.

CFF absolutely RULES in any kind of comparison.

All said, based on @Rick_theRyper's posting reputation and this recommendation, I am willing to try this clip.

The 'good shit' better start early..

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Knoblauch on Draisatl: cramping and equipment issues 

Canucks: hit the ever loving shit out of Draisatl next game 

TMI?  I am lovin' me sum GrammaInTheTub!

Keep the hits comin' Grams!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

Edmonton coach said crysitle had cramping 

It was the Russian accent that threw their coach off.

What 'crysitle' said was, I'd rather be camping!

camping-498-x-370-gif-cxc708g7ba96fqt6.g

We're out of the playoffs!  We're out of the playoffs!  (wasn't getting paid for them anyway)

16 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Unbelievable game, even I'll admit I turned the game off after the 4-1 goal and just kept an eye on the score because we were playing like absolute trash defensively. How this team found a way to take it up another gear in the 3rd is beyond me. To be fair, we got a bit lucky on the Lindholm goal, the Miller goal was pure class but you could argue that Skinner shouldn't be beaten on really any of our goals. Long shots from the point, the Garland goal was hilarious and even the Miller goal he got beaten short side, he lost his crease on the Joshua goal too.

Top line ramped it up when they had to, hats off to Boeser and Miller for the goal but amazing defensive work at the end and all game long they broke up the Oilers. Draisaitl and McDavid get some cheap assists but were INVISIBLE.

Petey's line had some hustle but again a bit snakebitten, I think we have to try something different there. Don't want to mess with the other lines but maybe Podkolzin or flip around our 4th liners?

Lindholm line steals us the game, unreal performance once again. Dominated them at faceoffs, defensively gave up nothing and scores 3 huge goals. I know it looks like a longshot but if we go far with this line you have to think Allvin will move other pieces around to keep them because they're our top line in the playoffs. 

4th line didn't do much offensively, some nice plays, but really didn't give up much either.

Defence was in absolute shambles and something we have to address. Hughes and Hronek were alright, Hughes has lost a lot of his pep and flair offensively but Hronek owned the Oilers tonight, from his play on McDavid to the Zadorov goal, he was brilliant so good to see because he's having a quiet playoffs.

Zadorov and Soucy were beasts tonight again, Zadorov easily our best defenceman of the playoffs with another unreal massive goal. Myers fought the puck sadly, he was so strong against Nashville but struggled with Edmonton's speed pressuring him. Then there's Cole who obviously ruined us tonight, bad game by him but he'll be better.

Finally Silovs, he was pretty average on a lot of those goals, you could argue didn't get much help in front of him with some deflections, but he didn't look good. Then makes a monster save at the end on RNH. I think I'd start DeSmith next game regardless - Casey owned the Oilers in the regular season.

On the whole, amazing game, defences and goalies were both trash but our forward depth comes out on top despite losing the small special teams game. Let's hope we clean up our defensive problems, get better at special teams and fix Petey's line for next game. We didn't deserve to win this game but Skinner handed it to us.

Did you even watch the game? We were controlling the play, they got 2 lucky goals in the 2nd. 

IF you were watching the game you could feel it coming. Scoring chances were 29-15 with high dangers 11-5 in our favor.  Defence gave them nothing, McDavid was held to 0 shots, not sure where you're getting that our defence was bad. 

This is classic playoff Stuart Skinner, he had a similar meltdown vs Vegas last year. Yeah he could've had those but he's an average goalie. To be fair the Oilers had 3 lucky goals too so that's. a wash. 

I agree with the rest of your takes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TortorellasRant said:

It's second and third nature in the States, hockey is. I was in Oregon during the final game of the Canucks Preds series and almost nowhere had the game on, I needed to request it. Which I suppose is fair, Oregon doesn't even have an NHL or AHL club. But I threw on ESPN in the hotel room and couldn't find the highlights of the game. This was true even 20-25 years ago, I was in Florida as a kid at Disneyworld in November 2004.. couldn't find the Canucks highlights the entire time.

You should have tried ESPN Zone. I took my kids to Disneyworld in October 2004 and had no problems finding Canucks highlights.

36 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Best part of our win was we earned it.

We out played them for most of the game.

This was exactly my thought process. Throughout the entire game I was surprisingly calm, even when we allowed 3/4th goals. It was just a feeling that we realistically can come back.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, 24K said:

Lol just listened to Canucks Talk and Mark Spectre is cornering the copium market 

Illicit levels of copium 

As long as they keep this up , I don't like their chances. 

Edited by Blue

1 hour ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

No I wasn't actually there..sorry, if I expressed that in a misleading form. Watch every game on the tube, & been watching since the 70's.

If a game starts lousy, sometimes go out & do other things. Call it superstition, or minding the blood pressure, whatever...

Really enjoy watching it later, when there's a miracle comeback.

Oh, thank goodness.  You had me all-effed up there.  Couldn't believe there were really 'fans' like that.

I PVR everything; then I decide what is replayed and declare what is The Truth and what is not of what the refs do and say, the commentators, the media schills, etc.

Plus I cannot travel due to family health issues so I put my ticket money into a huge TV and I'm almost as big as Garland now.

Cheers!

• Cheers 1