[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

2 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Anyone remember how Oilers fans said on the last game of the season that the only reason the Canucks won was because they didn’t have McDavid so it didn’t count?… so what now?. 

did mcdavid play tonight?

• Haha 1
  • Tank 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

I made a comment in the GDT about members here psycho-analyzing Silovs after this one. But since I honestly only thought it would be our Edmonton fan members; I’ll pose my own for Skinner. 

In his post-game, Skinner made specific reference to Garland multiple times. Usually you see goalies brush it off and say “I’m not sure who it was but they got an angle on me and I’d like to have that one back.” No individual accolades to opponents. This means that we’re in Skinner’s head.

Now of course I don’t believe any non-professionals opinion, including my own, but why not remind Edmonton that their goaltending is going to ruin them again this year?

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Anyone remember how Oilers fans said on the last game of the season that the only reason the Canucks won was because they didn’t have McDavid so it didn’t count?… so what now?. 

Oh but he was playing with a hangnail. Those are super painful, I totally get it now. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Darius said:

Elliot just said that McDavid never had a playoff game where he didnt have a shot.   Talk about shut down....

That's because he's never faced the Canucks in the playoffs until now

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 3

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Skinner owning his mistakes in the post-game and keeping it light with some humour. I know I called him poo poo, and as a goalie he is, but he seems like an honest and likeable fella. 

Realistically the Oilers will make some adjustments and Skinner will likely bounce back, but I think Silovs will too.  Game 2 will be a tighter checking affair.  If we can squeeze out another win for game 2, we're in very good shape.

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I felt we played a pretty average game. All our mistakes caught us. And we still pulled it off. 

Holding them to 3 shots and also outscoring them 4-1 in the last 30 mins (half the game) was average? If it wasn't for 2 deflection goals it could have been a tie game end of 2nd. Oilers played well the last 30 secs of their power play got the lead, Silovs let's in the 2nd out of position. Canucks score 1. End 1st close game. You take away those lucky goals in the 2nd it's way closer than it looked being 4-1, and we out played them by the end of the 2nd in almost every stat. Overall bad start but dominated in the end.

Edited by Rick_theRyper
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Onhockey.tv tune in brother 

Thank amigo.... Unfortunately I can't get any sound... it all turns into adds... so flipping frustrated... 

But thanks nevertheless. Star man 🙂

2 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Still think we should not be testing our luck and should just put DeSmith in next game. Every shot was an adventure tonight.

Honestly, I think you had to ride the hot hand this game. But yeah, DeSmith needs to go in game 2. Expecting Silovs to pull a Cam Ward was a bit much. Lol.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, boziffous said:
The Joshua - Lindholm - Garland line was money tonight.
Amazing tip by JT and several nice defensive plays by him as well, getting his stick into the passing lanes.
Another great game by Zadorov too.

When Blueger was the center on this line, they were the best third line in the league. Now Lindy has turned that line into one of the top second lines in the league, it's amazing what his addition has done, higher hockey IQ, better playmaker and an ace on the draw. I hope PA can figure a way to get new contracts for Z, Dak and Lindy under the cap, they have been difference makers this playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Realistically the Oilers will make some adjustments and Skinner will likely bounce back, but I think Silovs will too.  Game 2 will be a tighter checking affair.  If we can squeeze out another win for game 2, we're in very good shape.

Ya alot of those shots were deflected. I think the one goal I had an issue with was the one where he basically

moved out of the way of the puck that went in. If he had stayed in position it would have hit him. I know he didn’t see the shot but he has to learn to position himself to let the puck hit him if he can’t see it. He’s a big goalie. He just has to use his size.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1