[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

11 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

I have feel he is forced in to contract, and something is wrong there.Looks like he is not happy.Every other our player has some kind of emotion.Just strangely looks like he is not part of it.But what do i know.

you think Tocchet is forcing him to hit more? Could be… Makes me wonder if they’re gonna trade him the off-season because he totally looks out of place - he’s making good plays though - he’s playing amazing defence but yeah he just doesn’t look emotionally engaged

You can’t help but wonder if he’s playing injured because he doesn’t have the speed for the drive or the shot that he used to have at the start of the season…

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

McDavid has got some of the biggest loser aura. Canucks have got his number. 

The goals were strange? Is that similar to how interesting they were as well? 

He was talking about our goals,  but really in his loser heart, thinking about how the only way the best get one past Silovs was a deflection/bounce off a Canucks body/stick.     "Weird, strange"  ... yep that's how we scored them alright, more like making Skinner our bitch.    Also thinking about his own "Weird, strange" inability to do anything if space is taken away. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

Yeah he's killing it for over 7 mil.. oh yeah that's change!  Season play means nothing if you can't pitch in when the chips are down. 🙂

He is pitching in when the chips are down though...

He made a fantastic play just 2 games ago....the game 6 game winning goal against the Preds...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Our third string goalie let in some real softies and we still beat you, do you still think you’re the favourite?

You didn’t even have the best Connor on the ice last night, do you still think your the favourite?

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

Miller stoned McDavid all night, we owned the puck in the offensive zone for a lot of his shifts. Same can be said for Boeser, they're both playing great defensively and Suter is just as clever.

Big decision next game for who to start in net. Also Tocchet has to do something to get Petey going, most likely with his linemates.

We did play well tonight down the stretch but cannot be spotting Edmonton 4 goals every night, have some mistakes we really need to clean up.

• MillerTime 1

6 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I thought they already came out hard tonight.  Paper tigers. 

They folded after 1 period in terms of carrying play and McDavid was a no show. 

I expect a more full effort from the oilers and their stars and we shouldn’t take them lightly Friday. 

They’re used to losing wild playoff games and bouncing back. Not too long ago against the Flames they lost a wild game 1 then dominated the rest of the series. 

We will have to match their energy by playing with the same effort we played with after 4-1 while staying out of the box. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

I hope they dont change goalies,,   Kid was screened and didnt see one,  another two on deflections from our d and a cross crease pass he had no chance on,,  let the kid keep playing!  

I think you stick with him, wasn't his best game, but he was good when needed in the 3rd. He'll be better for the next 3 games. 

• Desmenko 3

2 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

yes let that kid play!

Haha Jerry

he was a delivery man when I worked at a tire shop in Tsawwassen 20 years ago. Always told me stories of his 2 years as a rock star that took him to every bar from Prince Rupert to Halifax. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1