[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

8 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Best ever:

Yeah!  'Cept Coach has led us to be like this.

Bulldogs on Rick Roids!  Dogs on a bone!

Snatching The Victory Bone from The Edmonton Boners and Never Giving Up.

Loved Cap's, "We're gonna enjoy this for 5 minutes and get back to work."

• ThereItIs 1

Canucks have big decisions to make in the off season.

Zadorav, Joshua, Lindholm seem like guys you need to bring back to keep this train going. I’d sign those 3 before we re-signed Hronek. 

That will mean guys like Lafferty/Cole won’t be back. Silovs might be our backup next year so good chance Desmith is also not back. If they can trade Mikheyev somehow I think we will be in good shape. 

• Like 3

Arty wasn't great last night, but I feel like the pundits might be overdoing it on his "struggles". While I agree that he was over committing at times, it looked to me that both goal #3 and 4 were deflected by his own defensemen.

IMO, he really showed his worth in the last 5 minutes of the game. Up to that point he hadn't even faced a shot in the 3rd.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure Ian Clarke will think it was fine.........for all the ice water in his veins, the pressure got to him a bit.  Not so much on the goals, but in his general movement...... he overplayed many picks last night and didn't hold his position well, at all, through the game.

I'm sure he and IC will work on that today and reinforce his fundamentals and he'll be good to go fof game #2

He got the win. The only stat that matters.

Not sure why some people try to pick apart a game that they came back in as they did. He regrouped and was part of that win, making some key saves in the third. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • Desmenko 1

People have to lay of Petey. He didn’t have a terrible game as some people are suggesting. I thought his line had it’s moments but didn’t convert. 

Having said that, I still would prefer to play him on the lotto line. I’d rather have him play with 2 higher level players. Have 2 legit scoring lines and pius, Mik, and hoggy can be the third line which doesn’t necessarily have to score. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

He got the win. The only stat that matters.

Not sure why some people try to pick apart a game that they came back in as they did. He regrouped and was part of that win, making some key saves in the third. 

One goal better than Skinner is all we need. As I write that it seems very possible.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, tas said:

did mcdavid play tonight?

nope, he was checking out golf courses out here... cause theirs are still covered in ice and snow

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

No he wouldn't sign for 7.5... no agent in the league would allow their client to sign for that amount when the client has put up 102 points.

The best the Canucks could hope for was high 10's or low 11's... but to do that they would have needed to drag it out into the summer and risk losing him to free agency.

He would have been an RFA

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

People have to lay of Petey. He didn’t have a terrible game as some people are suggesting. I thought his line had it’s moments but didn’t convert. 

Having said that, I still would prefer to play him on the lotto line. I’d rather have him play with 2 higher level players. Have 2 legit scoring lines and pius, Mik, and hoggy can be the third line which doesn’t necessarily have to score. 

He did have one very confident looking chance vs Skinner, I hope it means he's starting to get confident in his shot again. His play away from the puck has been good.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 2

I don't expect this series to be easy....but I never did count the Oilers as the projected winners and still don't.

They're mentally fragile. When they're winning, great....they're Kings and golden boys. When they're not, they get pissy and emotional. Whereas our team, when behind, gets determined. I love their attitudes. They don't dive, whine, etc. They play harder.

Stay out of the box (reffing was good except the brutal miss on the Hughes slam into the boards....if that's an Oiler, he stays down and gets the call).

Love that they got the upper hand in the series though...that's got to be in the Oilers heads. This is 5 in a row this year....right now, we've got their number.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Arty wasn't great last night, but I feel like the pundits might be overdoing it on his "struggles". While I agree that he was over committing at times, it looked to me that both goal #3 and 4 were deflected by his own defensemen.

IMO, he really showed his worth in the last 5 minutes of the game. Up to that point he hadn't even faced a shot in the 3rd.

Just nerves and adrenaline.  When you overplay like that, it's usually because you're not controlling your emotions as well as you should 

Game 1 is behind him, he got a good taste of the energy and I'm sure he'll be back to being Arty on Friday.

Good on the team for recognizing that and locking down on defense to help him through it 

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

He was very, very good defensively last night and had a big hand in shutting down Edmonton’s star players. His offensive game remains in the toilet which is obviously a problem, but I look at anyone ripping his overall performance last night as likely to be newcomers to hockey.

If he does find his offense at some point just imagine the boost that it will give the team….who are already a win into Round 2 without him contributing offensively whatsoever. 

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I said that about his interview to my wife last night. Actually my exact words were:

“Just fucking cry already.”

I can’t imagine playing for such a captain .

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Just nerves and adrenaline.  When you overplay like that, it's usually because you're not controlling your emotions as well as you should 

Game 1 is behind him, he got a good taste of the energy and I'm sure he'll be back to being Arty on Friday.

Good on the team for recognizing that and locking down on defense to help him through it 

Yeah, especially in the 3rd.

That being said, had the Canucks not come back to win that game, Cole would be having nightmares about his first period....

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

He did have one very confident looking chance vs Skinner, I hope it means he's starting to get confident in his shot again. His play away from the puck has been good.

I thought he had a good game last night.......the wrister off the rush was a bullet (I think that's the one you mean) and he finally got some space for a one timer on the pp, but ripped it just over the net 

Like Nashville, you could see the Oilers load up on his side with two guys and as soon as Hughes looked his way, they popped right out to take that shot away.

At some point, RT has to try a new formula on the pp........I can't understand why he keeps at this setup.

18 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Brock Boeser is playing probably, the best, all round hockey of his career. JT may be helping...

GNJCKB9WIAIUgQa?format=jpg&name=small

Not possible.

I heard he was just a shooter and nothing much else.

lol 😂 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Brock Boeser is playing probably, the best, all round hockey of his career. JT may be helping...

GNJCKB9WIAIUgQa?format=jpg&name=small

They both help each other.  Their metrics when they play together and separated are night and day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Canucks undefeated against Oilers this year. 5-0 and the Oilers fans on their pages are calling it a fluke lol.

It's a fluke they passed math class.

But they probably didn't.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Not possible.

I heard he was just a shooter and nothing much else.

lol 😂 

I'm still not a big fan of his game, but that block at the end was fantastic 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

"What?  Why do you call me King of the Canucks Fan Club?" (Unspoken, but definitely intended, 'You big ugly clown-costumed fat head.")

"I am Alumni."

"Are you a fan of your high school ringette team; do you still cheer them on?"

Later, EF whining to SNP after-game panel, "No matter what Kevin says, blah, blah, I am always right etc."

KB3 will always be a Canuck

I like how he is not afraid to let the world know he cheers for them

But he is also great a breaking down the game. I would love to see him in a coaching role. Would probably ve a good special teams coach 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1