[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

JT and BB are driving this bus up front.  I think re-signing BB is a must.  He's earned it. Guy is not one dimensional anymore.  Wins puck battles, screen goalies, make plays.  Solid human being to boot.  Great hair too, according to my wife. 

Aside from the goal and last shift, I didn't think they had a particularly strong game.  They had a tough assignment and got outplayed in the first half of the game.  That last shift was great though 

To me, it's the Lindholm line driving this team

• Upvote 1

Just now, Iron Man said:

Skinner's thinking man pose after the Garland goal is on point.

I said that to my gf........that's the look of a man who knows he sh!t the bed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Aside from the goal and last shift, I didn't think they had a particularly strong game.  They had a tough assignment and got outplayed in the first half of the game.  That last shift was great though 

McDavid had zero shots.  

Also, not just this game. Round 1 too. 

Lindy is a rental.  Maybe they can keep it, but likely he wants over 8 million.   

You need a dual on a line and JT and BB is excellent.  JT got 7 yrs left.  He's gonna need someone to play with. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

Just nerves and adrenaline.  When you overplay like that, it's usually because you're not controlling your emotions as well as you should 

Game 1 is behind him, he got a good taste of the energy and I'm sure he'll be back to being Arty on Friday.

Good on the team for recognizing that and locking down on defense to help him through it 

Agree.  Keep the winner in net. Maybe change to Casey if he loses.  

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

At least it ain't Alflives driving the bus!

40 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

He was very, very good defensively last night and had a big hand in shutting down Edmonton’s star players. His offensive game remains in the toilet which is obviously a problem, but I look at anyone ripping his overall performance last night as likely to be newcomers to hockey.

If he does find his offense at some point just imagine the boost that it will give the team….who are already a win into Round 2 without him contributing offensively whatsoever. 

That's what I noticed, his defence was excellent, especially at the end. It's the right way to get engaged and get in the fight, defensively first, then offence second. He was in the fight defensively!! 

18 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Skinner's thinking man pose after the Garland goal is on point.

if anybody has a screen cap of this I'd love a new phone wallpaper. 

17 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

No Punjabi?

Best moment of this clip:

Screenshot_20240509-220048.png

First thing that comes to mind when I see this:

Fun fact: Both Randy Meisner and Timothy B Schmidt were in Poco before joining the Eagles.....

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This seems highly suspect. 

Being that I work in and around Alberta all the time with some pretty huge douchebags there is definitely a racial element to cheering against Vancouver. I think y’all know what I’m talking about.

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Being that I work in and around Alberta all the time with some pretty huge douchebags there is definitely a racial element to cheering against Vancouver. I think y’all know what I’m talking about.

I'm from SK originally, I know.

But Coffey? no way he does something like that. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AlexanderM said:

That's what I noticed, his defence was excellent, especially at the end. It's the right way to get engaged and get in the fight, defensively first, then offence second. He was in the fight defensively!! 

AND he was actually quite physical in that role; threw numerous big hits. Like it or not, he has some ailment that is limiting his offense, BUT he is embracing the portion of the game he can do, and that is being very defensively sound. I love that he isnt pulling a Draisatl and just pouting that his offensive game is gone. The guy goes over the boards and gives 110% of what he can right now every shift.

• Upvote 1