[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

2 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

I've just seen too many times that a so called 'racist gesture" is something misinterpreted, so I'm always super skeptical when I see these stories.

Seems pretty reasonable considering the history of this waste of oxygen.  I don't really see a reason to give that dirtbag the benefit of the doubt.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Magic story lol :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:.

Cheers amigo... All good here in Aberdeen, where we almost have a heat wave at 19 deg C. 

And no, the only Ruskies I meet, are onboard vessel, and very polite towards me... 🙂 And they like Vodka too much to be spies... 

Vancouver Island is a beautiful place and really nice... Was on a ship in Esquimalt for about 3-4 weeks at the Naval base... Enjoyed Victoria so yeah, maybe you'd been better off staying as a republic 🤣🤣...

Thanks for the update... I'm also slowly working my way through all the pages (page 21) and enjoying every single one of them. 

Its been a long time since I've been happy after a game, and sitting here at 6am, not being able to see all the muppet try to weasel themselves out of the corners they've put themselves into was almost an anticlimax... 

But it was all so good, and we abroad are lucky so many of the loyal posters, posts as much as they can about after hours, after game interviews etc...

Just hope we will be able to follow the cup lifting, when we win it, and the tv channels doesn't switch over to Shinty, or Gaelic football or whatever 😂

NHL TV stops 1-2 min after final whistle, and that's that....

Anyway, take care amigo, and all the rest of you fabulous supporters, who could be bothered reading this, and to those who brings us all the twitter updates etc.... Thank you all 🙂

Aberdeen is my Scottish football club! :towel:

We have an Aberdeen is Saskatchewan which is why I think I started supporting them many years ago. 19C is a heatwave there? That's nothing for out here we don't get a heatwave until it's like 33C or more, which we'll get for weeks on end during the summer.

Cheers bro. Glad you're able to stay caught up with this glorious run.

What a freaking game!  :canucks::canucks::canucks: :canucks::canucks::canucks: :canucks::canucks::canucks:

• Like 1

the canucks just matchup well with the oilers down the middle.

not just on the ice, either, but when it comes to brains, heart, guts and balls. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

What a game he had

shuts down McDavid scores a beauty tip

A great 3rd, for sure.

I give Petey as much, or more, credit for McD.  Miller saw more of Drai I think

13 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Best ever:

I hear Jack Adams comin';

He's comin' 'round the mountains,

And he's callin' out your name:

Richard (Lou) Tocchet:

(Couldn't embed the linked report, but.. you know when to stop it - after the first bit and a little bit of TO excuses just for Laffs.)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/tocchet-on-the-mixed-reaction-from-canucks-fans-i-think-they-know-my-middle-names-lou/ 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Have to give credit to Soucy for a heavy and disciplined game. He finished his checks hard. 

Some of the subtle moves management made at the beginning of the season that made me say 'meh'  really are paying dividends . Good one management.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

After that first penalty, I was so pissed. My Oilers buddies were chirping so hard. Then their second goal, more chirping.

And by the end of the night ...

Long faces ... sour pusses ... crickets.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Aberdeen is my Scottish football club! :towel:

We have an Aberdeen is Saskatchewan which is why I think I started supporting them many years ago. 19C is a heatwave there? That's nothing for out here we don't get a heatwave until it's like 33C or more, which we'll get for weeks on end during the summer.

Cheers bro. Glad you're able to stay caught up with this glorious run.

What a freaking game!  :canucks::canucks::canucks: :canucks::canucks::canucks: :canucks::canucks::canucks:

Cheers amigo... Great to hear it's not all Rangers and Celtic abroad 🙂 The Dandies from Aberdeen. The only Scottish club with 2 European trophies... 

Maybe not a heat wave, but we rarely have more than 20C maybe on the odd days 25+ but not that often... Mind you its perfect temperatures for a round of golf...  Wish we had a bit more heat during summer, but on the positive side we don't go much below zero in the winter, and when I feel its cold and miserable out side. I just need to go to CFF and read about your minus 30-40C, and it doesn't feel so cold any longer... 😂

Thanks @Gawdzukes, also so flipping happy I got to share this glorious night with all the fellow Canucks fans... What a night :towel::towel:

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

just how long before McD DEMANDS that the team get a legitimate number 1 goalie or he'll walk?

They're already "in the soup" for nasty GT, cap-commitments. Can't undo them GM-gaffes..unless you're a gamblin', desert town...

13 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Captain Jack: the fact you pay any attention to green men in their revealing underwear says a lot more about you than Our Incredible, Huge, and Loyal Fan Base.. GOOF!

(Evander Sign is cool tho.)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

3rd period is on SNP..... miller just scored

Looks like we were onto something with the not taking needless penalties thing.

Hmmm, except for the first one. :frantic: Glad we got it out our system early.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1