[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

Elliot Friedman seemed devistated by the Oilers loss. He doesn't seem like much of an Oilers shill but he asked Bieksa more than once  "common, you didn't think they were going to win that game did you ?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TortorellasRant said:

Dude was a PPG in 2020; but we have no clue what the hell his problem is this time. I seriously hope there's some legitimate reason for why he seems out of it because there's no excuse at this point for being useless; eventually it will truly cost us

What a pair you and cuporbust make.  Great user name; love me some Torts, but this is a lousy post.

Those of us actually watching the games and listening to the coaching staff et al, have at least a rough idea of what has been bothering 'Lias Pettersson.

1st Clue from Tocchet, "It is an illness, there is nothing  [like an injury-my add]  wrong with Pettersson, he just has to play through it."  This one could be called "The Flu Clue" perhaps.

Last Clue I'm gonna bother with: Petey had a very good game last night and saved the day more than once in the third period alone; he is getting better and could be back to his 'normal' (read Top Level Player)(read Real Good) self in good time.  In other words, far from your, "Useless" valuation, which, in itself, is a Useless Valuation.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Bretzky said:

Gotta say Cole hasn’t been my favourite defenceman and he seemed to be really dumb at the beginning of the game. First causing a too many men penalty in the first minute, then his terrible coverage on the first goal and a dumb giveaway backboards on the second Coilers goal. Hope he can clean up his act this series!

Otherwise the Big Z is out scoring Petey playing defence and hasn’t been a liability, he’s played well and used his size…he’s a threat!

I’m liking this Nuck resilience, what a comeback!
And Miller is a stud!

You forgot about the not touching the puck on a delayed high stick to stop play, and puck goes up ice and Ceci drills one off of Cole and in. 

9 hours ago, IBatch said:

He was talking about our goals,  but really in his loser heart, thinking about how the only way the best get one past Silovs was a deflection/bounce off a Canucks body/stick.     "Weird, strange"  ... yep that's how we scored them alright, more like making Skinner our bitch.    Also thinking about his own "Weird, strange" inability to do anything if space is taken away. 

It feels like he indirectly hangs Skinner out to dry.... talk about Captain material... NOT...

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Elliot Friedman seemed devistated by the Oilers loss. He doesn't seem like much of an Oilers shill but he asked Bieksa more than once  "common, you didn't think they were going to win that game did you ?"

not in that context, just in a prodding juice context for being a dyed in the wool canucks homer. 

elliotte is a closet canucks fan and doesn't try very hard to hide it. 

Edited by tas
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, rychicken said:

Favourite Campbell?

1) Glen
2) Cassie
3) Gordon

The one they clang for dinner?

(man, that is a shitty, I said Shit-Tee list, no faves there)

What's your name?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952wthfr3o71bhsybqwlcv

How you doin'? - Joey/Cheers

5 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

You forgot about the not touching the puck on a delayed high stick to stop play, and puck goes up ice and Ceci drills one off of Cole and in. 

A forgettable performance by him, not my fave defenceman by far.

13 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

Well if you think it's hate then you go ahead and think that, and no we can't trade him anytime soon and if he keeps it up every year we won't be able to ever flip him. how far are we going to get exactly when your star player disappears when the season ends and the chips are down? 

you're a clown.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rychicken said:

Favourite Campbell?

1) Glen
2) Cassie
3) Gordon

Deb is right.  Nothing like Tomato

with an ooey gooey grilled cheeze on the side of course!

grilled-cheese-and-tomato-soup-5-500x500

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Man I hope so. Hey Eddie,

ha ha simpsons GIF

Seriously though, that guy was such a bum. His criticism wasn't even warranted. He would ignore anything good Boeser did, and just hammer him when he had a bad game. The Boeser we are seeing now is the player he is.

The guy was living through one of the hardest things most of us experience as a human, losing our parent. Eddie would take victory laps about how terrible Brock was when he was clearly suffering already and ignore anything good he did.

There wasn't many people I truely didn't like on these forums, since I think having different opinions is important to good discussion. But that guy was just an asshole.

Now please tell us how you really feel...🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Looks like we were onto something with the not taking needless penalties thing.

Hmmm, except for the first one. :frantic: Glad we got it out our system early.

Absolutely, and as we said, 5v5 this team can handle the oilers 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Deb is right.  Nothing like Tomato

with an ooey gooey grilled cheeze on the side of course!

grilled-cheese-and-tomato-soup-5-500x500

Perfect combo right there. "Comfort food"

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

People saying Petey is "useless" don't watch for anything other than the highlight angles and goals.

YES, we pay him the big bucks to score. Something's going on with him and it's not like he hasn't produced in the past and won't again. Patience.

He does do other things well and his defensive game is strong despite that not being his forte. To say he's useless is a useless comment in my view. Highlights don't tell the entire story and he's trying to contribute in other ways. He's also starting to take shots like the old Petey.

Do we need him to do more and get on the scoresheet? Of course.

Should we jump all over him when he's in a slump for whatever reason? Probably not.

We always need a scapegoat it seems.

Let's pick apart the other team instead...much more fun.

petey4.gif

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, R3aL said:

I think coach plays silovs for game 2 abs if he struggles like he did today you go de smith game 3/4 and hopefully demmer  back game 5

i expect Silovs and skinner to bounce back next week but not to the level of saros / Silvia game 6 goaltending 

I hope he plays Silovs, because I think overall he's played better than DeSmith. Once they go to DeSmith, then it gets harder to go back to Silovs. I get the impression that Demko won't be back this season, but we'll see. I definitely wouldn't want him causing himself long term issues by coming back too early, *but* this is our first time into the second round in 13 years so it's a big deal.

1 hour ago, chris12345 said:

Of course. It is Vancouver/BC we just can't resist.

My fart smells worse than yours....no it doesn't. YES IT DOES let's fight but only on social media. In the mean time you should buy my shitty vodka.

We fall for it every time like stealing candy from a baby.

lol to all of this, love it