[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

43 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

It must be something pretty uncomfortable to keep Draisaitl out. Let’s not forget he played through a high ankle sprain not long ago. 

Even if he does play tomorrow, if it's a back issue, he's certainly going to play a compromised style........a big part of his game is predicted on a strong core and upper body. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I remember those arguing that too. If we had guys like big Z in 2011, things would have been a lot different. 

We are playing a lot like the 94' team which I have waited 30 yrs for. 

What's funny is that after Z went after Drais' ribs with a crosscheck and Drais retaliated, they ended up with coincidental minors. People were crying that we shouldn't scrum it up yet we scored on that ensuing 4 v 4 to make it 4-3 while taking Drais further off his game. 

It was sweet that Z scored the tying goal after. 

That is how we get in their heads. That's how we let them know we own them. 

Did anyone notice on the 4-2 Lindholm goal as well, while celebrating, DJ skated through Mcdavid and gave him a little shove and Mcdavid took it like a little B. 

It wasn't a malicious shove but it was telling that we will skate through them and we own the ice and they can't do anything about it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Even if he does play tomorrow, if it's a back issue, he's certainly going to play a compromised style........a big part of his game is predicted on a strong core and upper body. 

Agreed completely. He’s one of the best puck protectors in the league along the wall with his wide stance, big frame and strength. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They will be targeting that too, Joshua, Miller, Z, Myers will all be finishing checks keep wearing him down. Gotta stay glued to McD and get him off his game. Also they need to respect Hymans shot more, I know it was a PK but he had a lot of space for how close he was 

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

Agreed completely. He’s one of the best puck protectors in the league along the wall with his wide stance, big frame and strength. 

Z needs to keep massaging it for him. 

Love that we have Z, Myers Soucy and Cole all capable of helping Drais. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Kage17 said:

Considering there didn’t seem to be a major hit to result in an injury I’m wondering if it’s an Oblique injury? It thats the case he isn’t going to get better quickly and might not be able to play through it.

Yeah I was thinking maybe oblique as well. Either way great news for us. 

14 minutes ago, Surtur said:

So awesome to see especially after seeing so many Oiler fans posting that clip of Mcdavid walking him when he was a flame and saying he is a useless pylon and a slow plug or whatever. I havent seen much of the negatives some people were saying about him he has been a stud since his first game as a canuck. if they don't sign him being exactly what the canucks have needed on the back end since the big treeman was rag dolling entire teams then I don't know what to think. Hronik is replaceable for what he is currently looking to sign for, Big Z, Dak and the enigma that is Lindholm should be priority.

I’ve ran the numbers on cap friendly we can bring back Zadorov, Joshua and Lindholm. Going to be an interesting off-season regardless.

A healthy Lindholm makes us a competitive team long-term.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I’ve ran the numbers on cap friendly we can bring back Zadorov, Joshua and Lindholm. Going to be an interesting off-season regardless.

A healthy Lindholm makes us a competitive team long-term.

I really wish we had waited to sign Petey til offseason. He probably would have taken a 2-3 year bridge deal. 

I think all the guys want to come back

Why wouldn't they

This team, city, staff is amazing. 

Whoever doesn't want to be here and wants anonymity in a non hockey crazed market should leave. 

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I really wish we had waited to sign Petey til offseason. He probably would have taken a 2-3 year bridge deal. 

I think all the guys want to come back

Why wouldn't they

This team, city, staff is amazing. 

Whoever doesn't want to be here and wants anonymity in a non hockey crazed market should leave. 

The Canucks cap issues are fine, won’t get serious until Hughes and Demko contract.

Anyways, I do have Lindholm, Zadorov and Joshua back in my roster for next season. I don’t have Hronek and Blueger back though. Anyways, off-season will be interesting regardless.

16 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

They will be targeting that too, Joshua, Miller, Z, Myers will all be finishing checks keep wearing him down. Gotta stay glued to McD and get him off his game. Also they need to respect Hymans shot more, I know it was a PK but he had a lot of space for how close he was 

They have to do it legally though, you can bet the refs will be looking for crosschecks

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Joshua.Guy said:

He's literally always looking for a breakout pass. Doesn't give a shit about the defensive side of the game, hence the lack of winning. 

For sure.

I think the new coach has helped in that regard, as the team has played better defensively since they dumped that goofball coach, but it's easy to fall back into old habits.

As long as McDufus thinks they played well enough, let's see more!

48 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

What's funny is that after Z went after Drais' ribs with a crosscheck and Drais retaliated, they ended up with coincidental minors. People were crying that we shouldn't scrum it up yet we scored on that ensuing 4 v 4 to make it 4-3 while taking Drais further off his game. 

Did anyone notice on the 4-2 Lindholm goal as well, while celebrating, DJ skated through Mcdavid and gave him a little shove and Mcdavid took it like a little B. 

It wasn't a malicious shove but it was telling that we will skate through them and we own the ice and they can't do anything about it. 

Little Shove! Kane and Corey "I haven't seen a hockey mom I didn't like" Perry have been running Huggy and it is only game 1. 

If I had the skills and contract, have the size, muscle and heart, and was on the Canucks team, I would be pulling Superman flying tackle hits ala-Trouba into the Oilers bench targeting McDavid sitting on the bench never mind flattening his ass on the ice every chance I got.

49 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

This is the mind game that many take for granted. Burrows tried, but unfortunately he went at it the wrong way. This HAS TO BE part of our game if we want to be succesful. Everyone looks at the stars of the team but its these intagibles which are going to take us far in the playoffs. 

I wanted Zadorov when he was in Colorado, there are not many players like him in the game today. We are all seeing what he can do when we really need him. 

He is easily my favorite player on this team right now. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Apparently the crowd inside when we got the go ahead goal was so loud the lights in the building were shaking.

Nux causing quakes in Lotus Land.

They're that good.

How good? Willy D Real Good.

Ground shakin' good.

Feeling the earth move under your feet good.

It's not the lotion and the potion but the rhythm of the ocean good.

Better stop there; O'Henry's gettin' good & woke with these tawdry jokes.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

24.77 million 

-milky 4.75

- hogz 1.1 

+ knies

= 29.75 in cap 

silovs 1

zads  4.75x 5

joshua 3.75x 6

Lindholm 6.25x 5

Tanev 4.5x3

Guentzel 7x 5

Bluegger 1.0 x 3

myers 1.5 x 3 NMC 

= 29.75

Trade 1

to TOR

Hronek 

hoglander -1.1

to VAN 

Knies +.875

2024 1st 

TOR 4th, NSH 5th 

Trade 2 

to CHI 

Milkeyev = -4.75

2024 1st 

to VAN

VAN 2nd 

LA 2nd 

New picks in 2024

2nds x 2

4th, 5th 

guentzel Petey Knies

Suter Miller Brock 

Joshua Lindholm Garland

podz Bluegger PDG 

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers 

Soucy Juulsen 

Demko 

Silovs 

Edited by canucks curse

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

And they need to show Hyman zero respect. That hit on Hughes needs to be answered for. He’s the next target for pain. 

• ThereItIs 1

22 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

But he is not going back to being a 100 pt player till he actually has some linemates to play with.

I have maintained all year that Pettersson is being short-changed for wingers.

But I have also been very wrong about a lot of things with the new management.

This is probably the best arrangement for now and things change constantly in the playoffs.

But imagine Petey with a couple top of the league wingers with bite.. oh, how I wish.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

24.77 million 

-milky 4.75

- hogz 1.1 

+ knies

= 29.75 in cap 

silovs 1

zads  4.75x 5

joshua 3.75x 6

Lindholm 6.25x 5

Tanev 4.5x3

Guentzel 7x 5

Bluegger 1.0 x 3

myers 1.5 x 3 NMC 

= 29.75

Trade 1

to TOR

Hronek 

hoglander -1.1

to VAN 

Knies +.875

2024 1st 

TOR 4th, NSH 5th 

Trade 2 

to CHI 

Milkeyev = -4.75

2024 1st 

to VAN

VAN 2nd 

LA 2nd 

New picks in 2024

2nds x 2

4th, 5th 

guentzel Petey Knies

Suter Miller Brock 

Joshua Lindholm Garland

podz Bluegger PDG 

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers 

Soucy Juulsen 

Demko 

Silovs 

The Canucks traded their first to Calgary in the lindholm deal 

31 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

This is the mind game that many take for granted. Burrows tried, but unfortunately he went at it the wrong way. This HAS TO BE part of our game if we want to be succesful. Everyone looks at the stars of the team but its these intagibles which are going to take us far in the playoffs. 

I wanted Zadorov when he was in Colorado, there are not many players like him in the game today. We are all seeing what he can do when we really need him. 

He is easily my favorite player on this team right now. 

Totally

I can't recall a team since 94 that played bigger than their size. 

Im sure Z's teammates love that the on the team. 

Same for DJ, Myers Soucy and co. 

Allows everyone to play to their max potential knowing they have teammates that not only have their backs but will intimidate the other team. 

Thats what allows weasels like Marchand to punch Sedin. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

24.77 million 

-milky 4.75

- hogz 1.1 

+ knies

= 29.75 in cap 

silovs 1

zads  4.75x 5

joshua 3.75x 6

Lindholm 6.25x 5

Tanev 4.5x3

Guentzel 7x 5

Bluegger 1.0 x 3

myers 1.5 x 3 NMC 

= 29.75

Trade 1

to TOR

Hronek 

hoglander -1.1

to VAN 

Knies +.875

2024 1st 

TOR 4th, NSH 5th 

Trade 2 

to CHI 

Milkeyev = -4.75

2024 1st 

to VAN

VAN 2nd 

LA 2nd 

New picks in 2024

2nds x 2

4th, 5th 

guentzel Petey Knies

Suter Miller Brock 

Joshua Lindholm Garland

podz Bluegger PDG 

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers 

Soucy Juulsen 

Demko 

Silovs 

Could we enjoy this moment and win the cup first before trading Hronek and Mik please? 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

24.77 million 

-milky 4.75

- hogz 1.1 

+ knies

= 29.75 in cap 

silovs 1

zads  4.75x 5

joshua 3.75x 6

Lindholm 6.25x 5

Tanev 4.5x3

Guentzel 7x 5

Bluegger 1.0 x 3

myers 1.5 x 3 NMC 

= 29.75

Trade 1

to TOR

Hronek 

hoglander -1.1

to VAN 

Knies +.875

2024 1st 

TOR 4th, NSH 5th 

Trade 2 

to CHI 

Milkeyev = -4.75

2024 1st 

to VAN

VAN 2nd 

LA 2nd 

New picks in 2024

2nds x 2

4th, 5th 

guentzel Petey Knies

Suter Miller Brock 

Joshua Lindholm Garland

podz Bluegger PDG 

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers 

Soucy Juulsen 

Demko 

Silovs 

There’s so much wrong with this, I wouldn’t even know where to start…

…But how about Myers. $1.5M cap hit?

Yeah Right Ok GIF

9 hours ago, Cali Canuck said:

you're a clown.

Yeah I've been watching probably longer than you've been alive and I'd like to actually see a cup in Vancouver for once and if that makes me a clown, so be it but make no mistake, i'm not the only one who feels this way and doesn't drink the Vancouver cool-aid b.s. 

Have another drink! Lmao! 

P.S. I was one of those clowns who was all for the JTM trade when more than half the board said it was a bad trade and we got ripped off.. lol  sure we did!!!