Bedard & Blackhawks (Rookie Season)

BestCanuck

Unofficially talk Connor Bedard & Blackhawks new era here? 

Let’s talk predictions & do you think he will be breaking any records? 

Teemu Selanne - 76 goals & 56 assists seems untouchable. NHL hasn’t seen rookie seasons break the 100 point mark since Ovie & Crosby. I think he will break into the top 10 & possibly pass Mario Lemieux in rookie points (100) 

His potential line mate Taylor Hall could help his transition & points total by feeding him the puck. With vets like Foligno & Johnson should give him more offensive opportunities. 100 points I think isn’t that far fetched prediction. 

Blackhawks won’t be a threat but I think for his first season, it’s nice learning curve & fan base can endure little more losing to have the rebuild complete. 

Player to watch other than Connor Bedard - COLTON DACH. I think he will be good asset for Hawks rebuild, will be good depth player in this league. This year got a feeling he will shine. 

These young Blackhawks got major learning year. It’s going to be painful. Welcome to the NHL! 

I say Hawks get another top 5 pick. 

GAMES TO WATCH FOR IN OCTOBER: 

GAME 1, OCTOBER 10th 2023 - CROSBY & THE PENGUINS  

OCTOBER 14th 2023 - BEDARD ON HNIC VS. HABS 

OCTOBER 16th 2023 - BEDARD IS IN TORONTO 

OCTOBER 19th 2023 - MACKINNON VS. BEDARD 

OCTOBER 21st 2023 - BEDARD FIRST HOME GAME! 

IMG_5754.jpeg

IMG_5755.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

McDavid was PPG in his rookie season but only played under 50 games.

I think Bedard will drop 37 goals, 35 assists in around 70 games.

Then the next season he's 100+ points for the rest of his career and probably 40-50 goals in his sophmore year.

I do think NHL goalies and massive defencemen will humble him a bit though.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2023 at 1:54 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

McDavid was PPG in his rookie season but only played under 50 games.

I think Bedard will drop 37 goals, 35 assists in around 70 games.

Then the next season he's 100+ points for the rest of his career and probably 40-50 goals in his sophmore year.

I do think NHL goalies and massive defencemen will humble him a bit though.

I think that’s where playing with Hall will be beneficial for him. Facing bigger players and better goalies. 

30th and October seems so far away. 

Omg did Bedard ever look good. He isn’t trying too much, simple game. Helped with OT goal & 2 points. 

Good warm up games. STL has few studs brewing in the system. Good game from Thomas and that goalie

Anyone who thinks he won't top 80 points straight up hasn't been following this kid.

80 points is much easier in this league than it was even 3 years ago, have you seen the scoring numbers lately?

If you want easy money in the betting world bet the over on Bedard currently at 72 points on vast majority of betting sites. This is as close to a sure bet as it gets ill even post my win here at end of the season. 

The most important thing to me was that he didn't look small out there. Other than when Parayko was defending him...

He's too good of a skater with too much spatial awareness to be easily nullified by NHL defenders, like some were predicting.

There will be a learning curve, of course. But he's already strapped to a rocket heading to superstardom. 

Been watching him. He’s slow (in a straight line) and small. He will do well on the PP with his skill but 5 on 5 he will be a serious liability and struggle more thsn McWhiner Baby. 
50-60 points and a Green Jacket. 
The guy plays for the friggin’ Hawks! Alf cares not where he’s from. He’s a loseroo and will be craperolla. F the Hawks! 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Been watching him. He’s slow (in a straight line) and small. He will do well on the PP with his skill but 5 on 5 he will be a serious liability and struggle more thsn McWhiner Baby. 
The guy plays for the friggin’ Hawks! Alf cares not where he’s from. He’s a loseroo and will be craperolla. F the Hawks! 

He's huge compared to little Cole and little Johnny.  He's not really slow either, he's pretty shifty and can get by people, just like Kuzmenko.  He can easily get 100+ points in the NHL if he is playing with some decent linemates.  Chicago has alot of work to do in order to surround him with talent.  

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Really Alf c'mon tells us how you really feel. 🤣

• Cheers 1

Close to a PPG this year.  Not sure how many games he plays.   72 seems about right.   Why they have the betting odds right about there.   I'm not fooled or that focused on WJ's, other than it's good fun, certainly not a consistent predictive measure.   McDavids go was a tad underwhelming and look at him.   Based on last year Bedard will score 100 right?  How did Crosby do.

Edited by IBatch