Bedard & Blackhawks (Rookie Season)

BestCanuck

34 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Ah thk god someone makes a serious topic on Bedard... Well id say Bedard has looked good and sometimes looked brilliant. however im not so sure hes gonna be that brilliant since Hawks suck so bad. when mcdavid arrived Oilers already had Draisatl, RNH, Eberle, Hall, Maroon, a younger Kassian, Yakupov to name a few...Chicago is not even close. I think thats gonna hold him down quite a bit on points total as the season progresses. To me i say Fantilli looks a bit better on columbus roster as do Benson in Buffalo. Most likely the 3 rookie candidates for the calder.  I think Bedard will end up around 70-80 points but will show some brilliant flashy stuff in between those points. Its gonna be fun to watch him play and show some of that magic. in 3 years he might be a 100+ point player though...

He has Hall and solid 2nd line finally playing their spot not first line like last year. You’re right they won’t be scoring much but I think Bedard-Hall duo will out the Buffalo guys. 

23 minutes ago, BestCanuck said:

He has Hall and solid 2nd line finally playing their spot not first line like last year. You’re right they won’t be scoring much but I think Bedard-Hall duo will out the Buffalo guys. 

Well i did mention as the season progresses....injuries will occur and slumps as well as hotstreaks. Hawks dont have depth...it will cost them a lot, the rest is up to Bedards adaptability to the NHL level. this is just an opener, but imagine when he gets more comfortable and adapts a bit.... Oh My God Reaction GIF by Friends

• Upvote 1

Personally, I think he can score 100 points, but I've conservatively predicted 87. I think those predicting in the 70s are forgetting the Makar and Hughes were in the 60s as rookie defensemen. This isn't 2012. Players are scoring more than they have in a long time. Crosby and Ovie were on horrible teams and both broke 100 points in an era with less scoring than our current game.

• Thanks 1

Nice bit of trivia from the announcers from last night's Chicago/Boston game:

Apparently, Connor's great-great-uncle James had a brief 22 game career in the NHL playing with the Chicago Blackhawks back in the fifties.  He scored one goal in that career and that was against the Boston Bruins.

So both Connor and his great-great-uncle scored their first goals against the Bruins while playing for the Blackhawks.

(Hopefully, Connor scores more goals than his great-great-uncle.)