Bedard & Blackhawks (Rookie Season)

BestCanuck

6 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

we'll prolly see plenty of that in the 3 games vs canucks this season.. he'll be the ultimate canuck killer the next 7 seasons and force the owner to open the vault and the mayors to give him the key to the city to sign with the canucks as a ufa XD

• ThereItIs 1

On 10/2/2023 at 2:56 AM, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

My cynical side says to me if this was all fixed… Bedard going to Chicago just as they unload Kane and Toews and make room for him… 

They clearly tanked last season. Just like how Oilers tanked for McDavid. I don’t think it was fixed. 

• Tank 1

3 hours ago, BestCanuck said:

They clearly tanked last season. Just like how Oilers tanked for McDavid. I don’t think it was fixed. 

Yeah deep down I don’t wanna be cynical but I can’t help it - it just seems too perfect… it’s jealousy… it’s as simple as that… 

I hate that team… They were a thorn in our side for years… And to make it worse the dude wants to play in Vancouver…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS

On 10/2/2023 at 2:56 AM, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

My cynical side says to me if this was all fixed… Bedard going to Chicago just as they unload Kane and Toews and make room for him… 

They’d probably win the Celebrini sweepstakes as well.

Two local BC kids playing for Chicago. 🤢

• Sad 2
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

I can see Bedard over 100+ points this year... for the wrong team.

I think that will be tough. You need a high scoring team with depth to do that. So that teams can just focus on one guy or one line. I don’t see Chicago scoring a lot. My guess is he’s going to be around 75 pts maybe push over 80 

3 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

I think that will be tough. You need a high scoring team with depth to do that. So that teams can just focus on one guy or one line. I don’t see Chicago scoring a lot. My guess is he’s going to be around 75 pts maybe push over 80 

As you say, "my guess." 

Who knows for certain, but he's already showing around 2 PPG in the pre-season. 

We'll soon find out.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Zach Benson, 7 points in 6 games. But Bedard has 5 pts in 4 games so a better PPG.

I knew that when I posted.  I had the graphic on my status update. 😂

Technically true as one equals 1.17 and the other 1.25, but they're both 1 point over PPG.  I'd take the longer track record over the .08 extra goal.  😆

But as always, it's the preseason.  They both could suck come regular season when they play mainly against grown men.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I knew that when I posted.  I had the graphic on my status update. 😂

Technically true as one equals 1.17 and the other 1.25, but they're both 1 point over PPG.  I'd take the longer track record over the .08 extra goal.  😆

But as always, it's the preseason.  They both could suck come regular season when they play mainly against grown men.

I was just trying to lend a hand to your question 😉😂

The part of it I actually liked best - in my 30 seconds of research finding the answer - is that Brock Boeser has the same PPG as Bedard! The Brockstar is back baby! Haha

I liked Benson alot, not mad with our pick as I also loved Willander (had Benson #6 & Willander #8), but Benson shouldn't have fallen as far as he did. Good for Buffalo if he makes it. Wasn't expecting him to be an NHLer this quick given his size/age but he's certainly got the talent. 

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I was just trying to lend a hand to your question 😉😂

The part of it I actually liked best - in my 30 seconds of research finding the answer - is that Brock Boeser has the same PPG as Bedard! The Brockstar is back baby! Haha

I liked Benson alot, not mad with our pick as I also loved Willander (had Benson #6 & Willander #8), but Benson shouldn't have fallen as far as he did. Good for Buffalo if he makes it. Wasn't expecting him to be an NHLer this quick given his size/age but he's certainly got the talent. 

I've always liked Brock.  I really hope he keeps this up in the regular season.

As for the rookies, look at it this way.  If both Willander and Benson end up being mediocre, a mediocre D-man still has trade value, whereas mediocre 5' 10" 170 lbs. forwards are a dime a dozen.

The Sabres have bulked up on sizable players the last few seasons so they were able to take a chance on a bubble hockey sized skill guy.  The Canucks still need size and Willander will help provide that.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Brain fart. Spelled Willander with a "V".
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I've always liked Brock.  I really hope he keeps this up in the regular season.

As for the rookies, look at it this way.  If both Villander and Benson end up being mediocre, a mediocre D-man still has trade value, whereas mediocre 5' 10" 170 lbs. forwards are a dime a dozen.

The Sabres have bulked up on sizable players the last few seasons so they were able to take a chance on a bubble hockey sized skill guy.  The Canucks still need size and Villander will help provide that.

People in this market are quick to jump to the Juolevi pick in this situation, but if the Canucks had taken Chychurn or Sergachev instead of Juolevi no one would complain about it, despite it being inarguable that M.Tkachuk is clearly the best player.

I'm a big fan of both Willander & Benson. I think Benson has high-end play driving ability as a winger, not quite Marner level but a guy who can be a 1st line player in his prime/peak, his size was never a big worry for me given his IQ & the NHL being a small area game. Should be a fantastic fit with the size/shooting ability of Tage Thompson.

Willander I think could be a top 3 RHD that plays matchups, and potentially an all-around top pair/Tanev-like D. He skates very well, plays with an edge, and has top notch puck skills. These guys are both top assets if they work out, the draft was only a few months ago we are still very early here. Both will be good players imo.

Great to see Benson off to a good start! And I'm excited to see Willander's year in the NCAA. 

• Cheers 1

Ah thk god someone makes a serious topic on Bedard... Well id say Bedard has looked good and sometimes looked brilliant. however im not so sure hes gonna be that brilliant since Hawks suck so bad. when mcdavid arrived Oilers already had Draisatl, RNH, Eberle, Hall, Maroon, a younger Kassian, Yakupov to name a few...Chicago is not even close. I think thats gonna hold him down quite a bit on points total as the season progresses. To me i say Fantilli looks a bit better on columbus roster as do Benson in Buffalo. Most likely the 3 rookie candidates for the calder.  I think Bedard will end up around 70-80 points but will show some brilliant flashy stuff in between those points. Its gonna be fun to watch him play and show some of that magic. in 3 years he might be a 100+ point player though...