Bedard & Blackhawks (Rookie Season)

BestCanuck

1-2-0 Blackhawks take on the 2-0-0 Maple Leafs. 

Leafs are riding hot Matthews, who has started the year with back to back hat tricks. It’s very possible he can add another tonight. Hawks have worst defense in league. 

Bedard has 1 goal and 2 assists in 3 games of the road trip. 

Bedard and Blackhawks face off with Colorado. Finally down just 2 games before home opener 😳 Long stretch especially for Bedard and Korchinski, good to see guys like Perry scoring on this road trip. Hall sure showing lots of leadership.  

Every shift series season 2, episode 1: Brick by brick. 
Good look into the crazy start. 

https://youtu.be/BvViTIzLLdI?si=2y0d-6iFSadLfojO

8 games played so far 

3 goals 

2 assists 

Last five games only had two points but two of those games he had no points in were against Colorado & Toronto. 

Next two weeks Hawks schedule is more relaxed. Next game is Monday Vs. Arizona then big break before back to back games over the weekend. I think we will see more offence from the kid. 

I hope Hawks put him with Reichel some point, not like they’re trying for playoffs. It’s learning year for young squad. 

I give the kid B- for his first month. Tough starting schedule. 

• Cheers 1

Well i still think Bedard is gonna end up around 70 points this season....its hard when the team is kinda sucky so u cant really expect more than this. Mcdavid had/has his amazing speed which i think is rather unique, and is why u cant really match that. Also mcdavid entered a much better team then hawks currently is, which might actually be an even bigger reason for why hes not producing the same way. I definetly think he is a franchise player and that u can build ur team around him, but it will take some years before chicage is playoff material again. its going to take a couple more young talents that yet has to reach their potential as well as 3-5 players that can play at top 6 lines and top 4 D at the top NHL level. could be worse.....they could be 🦈....

2 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

Well i still think Bedard is gonna end up around 70 points this season....its hard when the team is kinda sucky so u cant really expect more than this. Mcdavid had/has his amazing speed which i think is rather unique, and is why u cant really match that. Also mcdavid entered a much better team then hawks currently is, which might actually be an even bigger reason for why hes not producing the same way. I definetly think he is a franchise player and that u can build ur team around him, but it will take some years before chicage is playoff material again. its going to take a couple more young talents that yet has to reach their potential as well as 3-5 players that can play at top 6 lines and top 4 D at the top NHL level. could be worse.....they could be 🦈....

Agreed! I think he is soaking it all in. Not pressure. I think vets handling him right. Give him confidence when he earned and let him know when he needs to slow down. 70 points seems like the ceiling for his rookie season. Not too bad. 

Blackhawks for sure will be top 5 pick again this year. I think year 3 is when they start adding pieces to the puzzle for contention. I hope Taylor Hall stays for the long run. He reminds me of Hossa in a sense.  

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This is not OLD news ,.  It compounds the existing one ..

Crazy. Guys like Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Crawford, Hossa all probably knew. Sad no one has taken accountability about knowing and apologizing. I hope this new era and group are better than them. 

With Bedard, I think he wouldn’t let that shiet slide. Him and Kursashev pieces that can make a change. 

• Cheers 2