[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

14 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Couple of observations....

Juuls doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with Blueger, Lafferty or PDG

Tocchet's system demands certain things from wingers in specific situations, and dozens of reps in practice to ingraine these habits in the wingers.  Juuls hasn't done any of these and that would destroy the effectiveness of that 4th line

You could simply play Juulsen as the 7th Dman and take Cole's spot when they need to give him a rest.  Cole isn't great at handling the puck on his off side.  He's made several mistakes that I noticed just from the last game.  You could double shift guys to make up the difference on the 4th line.  It's not ideal, but it may be better than having Lafferty in the lineup who doesn't do much and then also have Cole playing an entire game on his off side.

Either that or you simply take Cole out and replace with Juulsen...

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You could simply play Juulsen as the 7th Dman and take Cole's spot when they need to give him a rest.  Cole isn't great at handling the puck on his off side.  He's made several mistakes that I noticed just from the last game.  You could double shift guys to make up the difference on the 4th line.  It's not ideal, but it may be better than having Lafferty in the lineup who doesn't do much and then also have Cole playing an entire game on his off side.

Either that or you simply take Cole out and replace with Juulsen...

i dont know this to be true for sure but i feel like ive seen cole play a ton of minutes against top competition

i dont know if juulsen has the experience to handle those matchups yet

7 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Trade Mikheyev? Nice with what a first?

We could trade him for a player with a similar cap hit in a position of need.  Maybe a tough as nails 4th liner or a RHD.  It wouldn't be an easy trade, we'd probably have to throw in a pick or a prospect on top.  

3 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

i dont know this to be true for sure but i feel like ive seen cole play a ton of minutes against top competition

Cole played 13 minutes last night.  I'm pretty sure Juulsen can take up those minutes.  He was literally our worst Dman and we still won...

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Cole played 13 minutes last night.  I'm pretty sure Juulsen can take up those minutes.  He was literally our worst Dman and we still won...

i dont mean last night though i mean in general across multiple games

cole had a bad night but hes been pretty steady

i know juulsen is too but on an average night id rather see cole facing down mcdonkey rather than juulsen

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Keep banging them up. Get Juuls in for Cole. Podz in for Mik. And grind them. 

Be nice if that were possible, but Podkolzin took a step back in Abbotsford. In fact; Podz,s  changed when Mik and Kuzmenko got here and has pretty

much been a minor league player ever since. He may well be on call along with that Bains kid for these playoffs, I don't know...

Juulsen has played well all season.  At some point, we'll need him if we're going to go on a run anyway.  I'd prefer if he's not completely rusty when that happens.  This seems like the perfect occasion to bring in a fresh guy.

• ThereItIs 1

I think both goalies will be better in game  2 and that it will be it will be a low scoring affair. The Canucks are comfortable playing that type of game, so I think they would have the advantage. Petey is due to pot one, and tomorrow night would be a perfect time for it.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HarbularyBattery said:

This is the thing. Cole did have a bad game, but not sure Juulsen can handle playoff hockey yet. I like Juulsen, but putting him a second round of the playoffs seems like a stretch.

11 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

From Playboy Miller 

jt-miller-playboy-bunny-halloween.jpg;w=

To Screenshot_20240509_125425_X.thumb.jpg.f10bea04960ce2af256362dabee59a0e.jpgDaddy Miller

What's next for JT?

That deflection for his goal was out of this world. Major props to our JT Miller.

11 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

We’ve been dreaming of having a beast like Dak for the playoffs, for many years. 
When I watch him play, I’ve got to pinch myself to make sure he’s for real.

He’s a Canuck! Sign him up long term. I’m counting on you Emilie. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Hrrrmmmm...No Drai eh...

Without Drai you’ve got Gagner on the second line. Oilers are thin af.

Drai will likely suit up tonight, but if not, Oilers are a completely different team. 

11 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Brock Boeser is playing probably, the best, all round hockey of his career. JT may be helping...

GNJCKB9WIAIUgQa?format=jpg&name=small

Agreed. This morning I heard Patrick O’Sullivan complaining that Brock was dogging McSniveler and the mean old refs wouldn’t call a penalty. 

Brock is working hard along the boards and in front of the net. Tonight he’s gonna bust out and bag a goal or two. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Knobs just can bring himself to admit that the Oiler blueline is as soft as butter. 
0 hits for Nurse Ceci and Desharnais. Dude, that’s weak sauce. Hang your head in shame. 

• ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I love our defense. Zadorov, Myers and Soucy are beasts, Hughes and Hronek provide the razzle dazzle and offense.

Is it possible that the Canucks play such a good D game and limit other teams so much, that they could win these games with Silovs in net the whole way? They only gave EDM 15 shots last night. (4 goals against is a bit concerning, though)

Silov’s has got to be on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. I think that he got too excited last game and overplayed a few shots.

Tonight he’s gonna be dialed in. I expect a bounce back game from Arturs. Canucks win 4-2.

8 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

Crazy how physical the Canucks D played.   Weren’t chasing hits but landed some big ones.  Really hope they can keep it up.

Said it in the NSH series but big Z should be wearing an A for this team (next year).  In a lot of ways he is like our Chara leading the wolf pack.

Don’t wanna lose Z. We’ve been craving a guy like him for years. 

Tram gave us a flicker of hope, but then slipped  away. He was never going to be what Zads is anyway. Good lord those were dark days. 

I’m going to rejoice and celebrate every game that Zads is in Canuck colours. 

• Like 2