[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

All this worry about a referee??? Deb is going to the game - she will deliver a few cowbell shots to his temple as soon as he makes one bad call against the Canucks (it will be more than a few shots if the call is against JTM)

Canucks can't worry about the referee, stay focused on playing smart, cut down the errors and bring the win home 

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Canucks can't worry about the referee, stay focused on playing smart, cut down the errors and bring the win home 

Should have to worry about officiating between two fairly evenly matched teams.  It could easily tip the balance (outcome).

Keep it up; play our game and we can win this series.  Skinner is fragile and I hope the fans get on him early and often. I'll be yelling at him from my couch all game.

SKIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRER

Go Canucks Go!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Players are already going after Hughes pretty hard. If we want the Cup we have to fight through this. 

Noticed that halfway through Game 1, Hughes was paired with Zadorov, and the harassment quieted down quite a bit. 

• Like 2
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Noticed that halfway through Game 1, Hughes was paired with Zadorov, and the harassment quieted down quite a bit. 

You'd have to be a lunatic if you want to mess with Petey with Zadorov on the ice.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

that's his job, to be a 7th defenceman who can sit for weeks and then step in when needed. 

Yes that’s his job but that’s also how players go rusty. I wouldn’t mind some game management where we rest a player that’s hurting. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Yes that’s his job but that’s also how players go rusty. I wouldn’t mind some game management where we rest a player that’s hurting. 

It's part of why I want him in there tonight (apart from Cole's terrible game 1).

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Let's be the bigger team and fanbase. Don't call up Deadmonton radio or go on HFBoards and troll.

You might feel better. But it just makes us look super insecure.

Just be confident in our players and system. Take the high road.

And in the offseason when Vancouver has partied for 30 days straight for winning the Cup. Then we can be smug. 🙂

Be quietly confident, believe and cheer on the nucks. One game means little, let's focus on tonight and after this series yes you can tell them, although we have bigger things ahead so why bother.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's part of why I want him in there tonight (apart from Cole's terrible game 1).

Cole is not a bad player but had a bad game. That could be because of age or some injury. It would not hurt to rest him and play him in game 3. At the same time I wouldn’t mind Juulsen on the 4th line as a bruiser. A bit unorthodox but wouldn’t hurt having a bigger body in the line up. Oilers don’t have those many big guys but I can see them playing dirty tonight.

19 hours ago, Rekker said:

Anyone buying that it's only cramps with Draisatel? Not me.

Cramping pain is the worst. It comes in waves of excrutiating contractions that trigger the pain sensors in the the affected area and beyond.

They might have treatments that weren't available to me but any medication would affect his play too. 

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Let's be the bigger team and fanbase. Don't call up Deadmonton radio or go on HFBoards and troll.

You might feel better. But it just makes us look super insecure.

Just be confident in our players and system. Take the high road.

And in the offseason when Vancouver has partied for 30 days straight for winning the Cup. Then we can be smug. 🙂

Yeah seriously.  It's pretty stupid to be calling the Edmonton radio stations to troll.  Makes Canucks fans look like idiots. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

then he isn't the right guy for the role. 

No point in worrying about who's reffing. The boys have been battling hard all playoffs and showed in a couple of the Nashville games they could beat both them and the refs at the same time.

We showed we were the better team on Wednesday. If they play the way they did in Game 1 and tighten up some of the gaffes, every game against the Oilers is winnable.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Absolutely has no business being in broadcasting. Takes more than being knowledgeable. 

She is just plain jane boring....

An incredible comeback was happening, and yet she sounded as if she was reading out the weather forecasts or explaining a recipe.... 

16 hours ago, stawns said:

he said that was part of the reason he was in and out of the tunnel, which is true.  

I think they were pretty up front about it.......at least it being partly physical and partly equipment.

Mash Up Ball GIF